Gardener's World

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Sussexgardener, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Fidgetsmum

Fidgetsmum Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +865
    You're right. It's the 'mmmming' her way round the garden as she eats everything in sight, (well, that and her hair) that, for me, makes her intensely irritating. And, while we're on the subject - she once said (in The Edible Garden, I believe) that she lives in a Victorian terraced house with a 20' x 60' garden and, she keeps chickens. I have friends who live in a similar property, I can just imagine what their neighbours would say to chickens next door. But then, of course, my friends aren't 'gardening celebrities'!

2. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    I keep chickens in that size of garden. So do our neighbours, although we aren't a Victorian terrace, so the gardens (were) even more open plan. They're a lot less hassle than a cat wandering everywhere and digging up your freshly dug borders...just as an example.

3. Pete02

Pete02 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I stopped watching Gardeners World when Geoff Hamilton Bowed out, nobody can and
    never will replace him, Alan Titchmarsh Nah!! he's not in the same class as G.H.

Pete

4. Victoria Plum

Victoria Plum Gardener

Ratings:
    +43
    I love Carol.... she makes me smile with her warmth and enthusiasm. Plus her downright honesty.

Believe me, this series is a lot better than last years.

Trying to appeal to gardeners of all abilities in one half hour episode a week cannot be easy. The problem is the lack of airspace given to gardening programmes. Given the popularity of the hobby, and the number of people with a garden to look after, it is totally ridiculous!

5. Aesculus

Aesculus Bureaucrat 34 (Admin)

Cashier
    Ratings:
    +1,337