General Election: Who the hell am I going to vote for???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Val.., Mar 19, 2015.

1. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,886
    Think there are more than just two parties running: it doesn't have to be a case of either or ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • rosebay

rosebay budding naturalistic gardener!

Full Time Person....OK, pensioner!
      Ratings:
      +1,163
      Yes I realise that but, in terms of probabilities re. the likelihood of who will win. (I am not necessarily pro Labour - although I favour them to Tory - but I care passionately that the NHS is not privatised).

• Like Like x 2
      • **Yvonne**

**Yvonne** Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +2,347
        Hi Charlie, Have you ever noticed the ethnic mix of the staff employed in the NHS, both primary and secondary care? The reality is, without "hundreds of thousands" of immigrants coming to work here, the NHS would collapse.

• Agree Agree x 4
        • Charlie996

Charlie996 Gardener

Retired Builder
          Ratings:
          +857
          If the tories get in again surely the NHS will get privatised ?
          With no increase in VAT or taxes where will the money come from to even improve it slightly ?
          Further scathing cuts are part of their policy's and I dread to think where they can cut next ?
          Councils are effectively going bust. Councils have suffered such scathing cuts already they don't even have the money to pick up blooming litter anymore. Libraries and swimming pools here in Worcestershire are closing all the time there are not even flipping public toilets open in the town anymore.

In may 2010 we as a country owed 903 Billion . By late 2014 we owe 1455 Billion yet the government claim we are paying off our debts and we are well on the road to recovery.

Really ??

I will and always have openly admitted I know very little about politics, But the last five years for many have been hell. And that's with the so far limited cuts in spending. So the pain many have endured has not only produced no reduction in what we owe its gone up by over 50%

Yet we are told we are doing well. At the budget we were informed how well we are doing ! They stood like a group of clowns bragging.

The very next day we get told further HUGE cuts are needed and will be implemented if they the Tory's get in again.

Is it and wonder I'm confused ?

• Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Charlie996

Charlie996 Gardener

Retired Builder
            Ratings:
            +857
            I entirely agree. But when has anyone suggested they be sacked and or sent home ?

I have family who work in the NHS both here ( Worcestershire) and up in Scotland. These dedicated people have my complete and utter admiration as do anyone at every level who works in the NHS does.

But sadly as in other areas the people from overseas are to some degree being exploited in so much as they are not paid real decent wages.

It is a sad but inescapable fact that the huge immigration we have has driven down wages. In fact it was said by government that this is beneficial.

They say lower wages is good. Good for who ? Good if you are a large employer but not so good if you work in the low paid sector.

This government claims a huge credit in employment. But the figures do not reflect the truth. Many are now employed on either zero or part time contracts. Absolutely brilliant in getting down the numbers but hell if you are struggling on very little wages.

Apprenticeships. Great if you are the employer but not so good if you are forced into this scheme and are paid 2 pound something an hour. The scheme echos the YTS of many years ago where the employers use this cheap pool labour. Not all do of course but again its an inescapable fact.

Perhaps some of these part time or zero hour people could be trained up really well and fill the jobs in the NHS that are done by those from overseas ?

I may have a faint memory but that's how it used to be done .

Keep on filling the country up till we can no longer move by all means. But at some point the boat that is the UK will capsize.

• Like Like x 1
            • Mr Laybury

Mr Laybury Gardener

Ratings:
              +61
              Why are all the SNP leaders named after fish? Salmon, sturgeon? Where's flounder? What was wrong with Sebastian and Ariel?
              Hang on, that's disney.

Anyway, from what I can see of the Green parties campaign, they're in the lead on an opinion poll (which may or may not have been set up by the greens and campaigned to only green supporters) which can be found here: https://gritdigital.co.uk/infographics/uk-general-election/#2015-opinion-poll
              Takes a while to load so be patient.

I would LOVE to vote MRLP but alas, they have no candidates in my area.

• Anthony Rogers

Anthony Rogers Guest

Ratings:
              +0
              I think Charlie that a lit of the problems we have here in Worcestershire (i'm in Kidderminster) stem from the Labour party. We had a magnificent large new hospital built next to and linked to our old (not too old mostly 70s/80s) which the Labour party decided wasn't needed and promptly shut most of it, along with A&E, and various other departments.
              Wyre Forest has a population of almost 150,000 which is larger than Worcester, why did Labour decide to close our services and decide we have to travel to a hospital which we have to get a taxi to (costing £34 each way) because it's situated in the middle of the countryside with no public transport from north Worcestershire.

• Anthony Rogers

Anthony Rogers Guest

Ratings:
              +0
              I really wonder what is going on down in south Worcestershire. Our council ( sorry, again Conservative), do a good job. We are currently having the whole of the town center modernised with all new pedestrianised areas, there is no trouble with litter/rubbish etc and we are having a new leisure center built on old industrial land.
              Our local MP ( also Conservative), has got 2 new companies to come and take over the old Sealine boat building factory ( employing over 1000 people), and has got Jaguar to come into the town from next year employing upto 3000 people.

• Like Like x 2
              • rosebay

Ratings:
                +1,163
                Yes I agree with you re. how easily words can be misrepresented here...that's why I wish more people would use emoticons online; they can be crucial! (I am an emoticonaholic!) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I do hope that you have more than made up for your chocolate fast, Lynda! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
                • **Yvonne**

**Yvonne** Total Gardener

Ratings:
                  +2,347
                  Hi Charlie

I wasn't trying to have a dig at you, I was hoping to point out how, despite fear of immigration which has been going on for centuries, it has been beneficial overall to the strength and growth of this country. I know there are "pockets" were the balance isn't good or the crime rate has increased or the demand for housing is painful but overall, I think we should look at bigger picture and not be influenced by the propaganda dished up by the media( and Farage :yawn:)

• Agree Agree x 1
                  • rosebay

Ratings:
                    +1,163
                    What's the saying? Never talk of politics or religion.....SO, who is religious here?! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
                    +12,352
                    you missed out sport :rolleyespink:

• Agree Agree x 1
                    • rosebay

Ratings:
                      +1,163
                      Is that as divisive? I guess with some fanatics it might be. Thing is not everyone is into football, i.e. roots for a certain team. I dare say fans of other sports are more civilised! [​IMG]

• Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
                      +12,352
                      that one of the three I never got into when working in a bar , and its just not football try Rugby , cricket !!!

• Like Like x 2
                      • Dips

Dips Total Gardener

Ratings:
                        +3,631
                        Im athiest, conservative and a birmingham city fan! WHO WANTS IT!!!!!!

:lunapic 130165696578242 5:

• Funny Funny x 5
                        • Like Like x 1