George Michael

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by daitheplant, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    I feel the same, Alison. Couldn't care less what he or anyone else does at home - as long as they stay there when they're stoned. And he should lose that silly grin he wears every time he gets summoned to court. He IS forty-seven, after all; hardly a teenage anti-hero. Mind you, the tear-stained fans waiting around outside don't help. We need Terry Jones (Python not mad Yank preacher) to appear at the window and shout: 'He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy. Now p*** off.'

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,076
    The sentance sounds about right to me if as has been said its not his first offence.

If it had been drink driving he would have lost his licence, I hope he did lose that also for at least three years.
    His insurance I presume will not pay out due to the fact he was under the influence so he should pay cost and compensation.

I happen to think that public humiliation is the way to go with such people, the higher the profile the more they have to lose.
    Street cleaning for 8 weeks for 10 hours a day would be a start. Rain or shine.

3. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
  4. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Police also tested a brown subtance stuck to the drivers seat, it turned out not to be drugs, just a careless whisper.

5. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    :hehe: You should always wake up before you go go.

6. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  7. Alice

Alice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +81
    You're so right, Axie-Ali.
    He was done for driving under the influence of drugs - and crashed his car while he was at it - it could have been into you or me, or our children.
    I think a prison sentence is a punishment - and not the holiday camp some people think it is.
    And he was banned from driving for 5 years. I think that is a punishment and should be well policed to ensure enforcement.
    As I said before, the law should be the same for everyone.
    No special rules for George Michael or anyone else.
    Get the drunks and druggies off our roads.

8. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,979
    :gnthb: :lollol:

I still think he's been harshly treated compared to many folk who commit similar crimes. Maybe the shock of going to jail will wake him up and get him back on his feet.