Good companions

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Hornbeam, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Two old sea dogs in the Isles of Scilly :D Ben was my best pal and the bravest little dog ever. He was no lap dog and would always be ready for adventure. He loved the boats and the islands. Sadly he is no longer with us, but he lived a happy active life and lived longer than cavaliers do usually. This photo was taken a year before he died.

[​IMG]

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    very much like my cavalier mine has a little more tan on her back, You must miss ben so much.

3. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, I do miss him. Such a great character and very much in charge of our other dog, Tegan the collie. Cavaliers are wonderful, but do suffer from heart and joint problems. The best way of minimising that is to watch their weight and give plenty of exercise. Best wishes to you and yours [​IMG]

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I dont think i have much to worry about her weight as she is a picky eater, Im hoping i might be lucky regarding heart condition as there is no problem in her breed line but you just dont know until they get a little older, my vet had told me of this condition with cavaliers and said she will keep an eye on this for me.
    You should get another hornbeam as i bet Tegan is missing him :rolleyes:

5. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    Looks just like my sisters's first cavalier, Barney, also sadly missed... he has a website of his own run by Rosie who raises money for research into the cavalier heart condition:
    http://www.cavalierkingcharles.com/

[​IMG]
    I think cavalier puppies are the sweetest puppies ever!

6. jay

jay Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    They're gorgeous HB [​IMG]
    My OH's parents had Cavaliers for years, their last two recently died and they're getting on a bit now so they were the last.