Goodbye Lawn, Hello Pond!

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by Fat Controller, Feb 16, 2019.

1. fairygirl

fairygirl Total Gardener

retired
    Ratings:
    +4,199
    Really stunning @kindredspirit . You must feel very proud of what you've achieved there. Superb. :)
    I converted my back garden grass, which I'd created about ten years ago after moving here in 2103. It was a few years ago that I did it, and is now a gravel garden with a larger pond. It's far more interesting.
    The orchids are lovely when they appear. I have a little one which came in with a plant, and it's very happy. I need to move it again, and might try and establish a bit nearer the pond itself.

• Like Like x 1
    • kindredspirit

kindredspirit Gardening around a big Puddle. :)

Retired.
      Ratings:
      +4,647
      It's nice to have a "natural" garden to relax in. (Although, all gardens manipulate nature to varying degrees, so are not totally natural.)

• fairygirl

fairygirl Total Gardener

retired
      Ratings:
      +4,199
      Absolutely @kindredspirit . No matter how natural we try and make a garden look, they're all artificial. :)
      It's what suits us and our conditions that matters most though. If we can try and get a natural look, it can certainly be very relaxing, although I don't seem to do much of that! Watching the wildlife enjoying the pond is one of my greatest pleasures..

I also love very formal gardens though, so it's possible to like many different styles, and still enjoy them all. :smile:

• Agree Agree x 2