greenfly etc

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by willow13, Oct 14, 2007.

1. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    luvgarlic, go on then. David.

2. geoffhandley

geoffhandley Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Well does anyone know what the difference is between a chemical being OK for organics and not being Ok or is it just a matter of the regulatory bodies drawing a line?
    Does it have anything to do with complexity ?Copper sulphate and Ferrous sulphate which I think are OK are fairly simple and anyone of us could produce them with the basic ingredients. However some of the chemicals used in many pesticides are fairly complex in structure.

3. luvgarlic

luvgarlic Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Define organic, you mean? Easiest thing is for me to tell you what I DO import into my garden ...

manure : Masses of it. Luckily (and coincidentally) it comes from a neighbouring organic beef farm.

lime :

seeds : I don't go out of my way to buy organically grown seed

beer : for slug traps

That's it. I believe that that exceeds Soil Assoc standards but like Geoff says, I ain't paying nobody �£450/annum to tell me what to do! ;)

[ 16. October 2007, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: luvgarlic ]

4. luvgarlic

luvgarlic Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Define organic, you mean? Easiest thing is for me to tell you what I DO import into my garden ...

manure : Masses of it. Luckily (and coincidentally) it comes from a neighbouring organic beef farm.

lime :

seeds : I don't go out of my way to buy organically grown seed

beer : for slug traps

That's it. I believe that that exceeds Soil Assoc standards but like Geoff says, I ain't paying nobody �£450/annum to tell me what to do! ;)
    </font>[/quote]OOPS - I hit quote instead of edit. Sorry, can a Mod please delete this post