Harassment of photographers

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by Dorsetmike, Aug 18, 2008.

1. jjdecay

jjdecay Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I was at a fairground last year.It was about 5am,had been raining,and was misty.Great for photographs ;)
    Anyway,i had my tripod rigged up,camera on it,and had it pointing down at a leaf in a puddle.
    The security guys came round and asked the dumb ass question..."What you doin' ?" I looked at them like they were stupid and said,"taking photos". The reply i got was something similar to "bit bloody early innit mate,have fun",and off they went.
    I hear so much about problems back in blighty for togs,but here,i've never had a reason to complain.

Did you know that....
    taking,and selling pics of the Eiffel Tower is fine if its daylight.Taking pics of the Eiffel Tower at night is also fine,but selling them is a breach of copyright.

Joe.

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :( Woo I am so sorry to hear why you cannot take your photos on your walks anymore... Sadly not unheard of though... Yet another case of our rights being infringed..!!:mad:

:thumb: Nice little web site Dave.. Looks like it was a happy school you had there..:thumb:

:( Sadly the schools in this area are very sensitive about photography... There has also been a situation locally like Woo's...:( A couple allow, no cameras or videos at all...!!! Although some do now allow limited use at certain times. This also means outside the school grounds while still in the schools vicinity..!
    . :( It is so sad, I think, that parents are stopped from photographing their kids during their educational achievements etc..... !:mad:
    :( Like Woo found, if you are caught with a camera anywhere near them, the police are called.....

:mad: Here, the reason for not allowing it is because of Pedophiles... There was a huge case in Bristols Crown Courts about 6yrs ago of a huge pedophile ring that was worldwide, but some people were local people... One of which was a coach driver from a local firm, that all schools in this area used....!!!!!:(:mad::mad: That was it.... Most of the schools got very frightened & angry, as did parents, by this, as you can imagine of course.... !

:mad::mad: But why is it, the we, innocent people, minding our own business..... Are the ones who always suffer & not the likes of people that should be caught & punished..??:mad: Now, they are saying Gary Glitter is on his way back to the UK from jail in Vietnam...!!!:mad: All pedophiles should be castrated immediately.....!!!!!!! Might help a bit..!!!

:rolleyes:
    Sorry, end of rant..!

3. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    If the Mods give me permission then I'd like to post a link to this thread on another site that I belong to.

There migth just be a few peeps on there that might be able to shed a light on some of the ''harassment'' theories.

please let me know because I will not just copy the link without permission.
    thanks

4. Alasdair

Alasdair Gardener

Ratings:
    +0

That's because of the copyright/privacy laws that are in place in France, its not just buildings, I think it also covers normal people in the street if they can be rcognised.

WOO, normally they don't quote anti terror laws for tripods, they usually say that its causing/likely to cause a hazard to the public.

Also remember just cause its got a pathway doesn't mean that its a public place, it could still be private property with relevant laws against photography

alasdair

5. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    God help me if I get stopped then on the way to my little plot of land in the countryside. I have nowhere safe to store my tools on the land so when I go up there I have to load up the boot of my car. Along with the usual assortment of spades etc, I also have some tree loppers that could easily be used to chop off bits of anatomy, and the latest edition to my kit is a scythe with a 16 inch blade.

6. jjdecay

jjdecay Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    @ Alasdair.
    Its not only France.I think this is pretty much world wide.
    To get around it,you need whats known as a model release form.This is a form of written permission from the owner of the subject,or model/recognisable person in the pic.

7. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,630
    Hi Everyone Alasdair The Police force round here are not normal:D:D and They now wear cameras strapped to there Head,I just hope that they don,t go anywhere near a School:D Marley I quite agree with you ,They should all be castrated from the neck up:D:):thumb:

8. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Only thing for them Woo..!!:thumb:

9. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    The perceived wisdom, when I was a kid, was to tie them up and hand them to a group of mothers. They're far more "inventive" than us blokes. :thumb:

10. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Just to lighten things a tad.
    [​IMG]