Has anyone tried eating snails?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by clueless1, Jul 6, 2012.

1. sal73

sal73 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,998
    I was looking for snails in the garden today and found 3 kitten , no a joke i would have never seen them....perhaps and no a joke , I was working with a french guy who actually was bring snail back to France (no a joke) as apparently the English have a better taste because of the rain... I`ll try ....as usual the foreigner have to do all the work :lunapic 130165696578242 5:

• Like Like x 1
    • Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
      +12,668
      I give my snails (and slugs) to the chickens - they tell me they are a delicacy!

• Andy567

Andy567 Gardener

Web Designer
      Ratings:
      +17
      As much as i hate them I just could not bring myself to put them in boiling water :)

• Jack McHammocklashing

Jack McHammocklashing Sludgemariner

Ex Civil Serpent
      Ratings:
      +7,341
      When in Gibraltar, we used to collect Snails whilst walking through the dockyard (they looked like common British garden snails), the Pub landlord took them from us and put them in a box of fine sawdust for a week (to clean the tract out), then they were fried with Garlic butter, and as Dim says served on a plate with six dimples to hold the snail, eaten with a little garlic bread

If I knew for sure that the common British snail was edible, then I would give it a go again

Jack McH