Help Needed To Choose A Camera

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by youngdaisydee, Nov 27, 2008.

1. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,926
    Silly question WoW - why do you always have the Fuji S8000fd with you if the Panasonic is better? - I'm guessing the Fuji is smaller/lighter and easier to carry?

2. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Ive looked at your pics Rouxbee/Kandy, There Fanflippintastic, really, there gorgeous :thumb: Roll on Xmas Day :yho:

Hi Woo, Haven't seen you for a while 0) Thanks for the info, The only downside i could see for the S5800 is the use of 4 batterie's, but i have rechargable one's and the charger that charges in 1 hour :cool:
    Maybe next year i could upgrade to the Panasonic, i should be more camera Savy by then :D

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Dee,have you put your order in with the powers that be?:) I do hope that now you have got all excited about having one you do have your wishes granted.Perhaps you need to drop a few hints around your house and then keep going on about it,you know how men can be at times....a bit slow on the uptake:hehe:

Glad you like the photo's.My Lake District ones on GoY and the silouettes were taken with the Fuji as well.Mr Kandy has one but his is the older version and the screen is tiny comapred to mine.It will do me for a few more years and by then they will have improved even more.

By the way we have two chargers so that we can have both lots charging at the same time plus we have spares in case of problems.

Good Luck with yours when you get it and will look forward to seeing your photos:)

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,630
    Hi JWK No such thing as a silly Question just a silly answer :)Its because I dropped the Panasonic in the River Medway :dh:whilst wading to take a shot of a nesting Seabird and her chicks,Have
    dried it out but the zoom no longer works and to have it repaired would cost nearly as much as a new one,But i still use the macro facility and I am saving up for another Panasonic(very slowly):)
    Hi YD you are most welcome,:)

5. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Thanks for that Dee, looks just what Im looking for. Ive always fancied a good camera and that one sounds ideal. I hope you dont mind me pinching your idea after you doing all the research. My little digi camera has served me well but I think its time for an update, not to expensive either. Cheers 02

6. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Your Welcome 02, of course i dont mind you pinching my idea hahaha...The Price isn't too bad is it ? im sure my 2year old little Digi was more expensive..

7. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Thanks Dee.Mines a digi camera/recorder which we bought about 5 years ago in Feurturventura, Al says we were ripped off, but Ive well and truely had my moneys worth ouy of it. Just feel I am resdy for something better now. As you say the price is right!! 02