Hel's heaven once again GSOH required!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Helofadigger, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Lol know what you mean G.Man although we are not brave enough to eat ours straight from ground level so I'm going to move them and place some in containers.

Well most of you will know of the lovely present Bob brought 'me' some time ago my very own greenhouse although truth be told I'm sure he brought it for himself as he loves spending time in it! It's been up a few weeks now and my little seedlings have come on no end so much better than on the window sill where most of them started off.

Bob's pride and joy!
    [​IMG]

It's no secret that Bob's is quite handy in the DIY sense just don't ask him to knock down any interior walls though otherwise you would be in for a shock!:eek:

Anyway his latest project has been to build a little fence to attach some bamboo/willow screening to, while he was busy doing that I prepared a wavy bed for my new border.

Below is what it looked like yesterday

[​IMG]

Today it looks like this

[​IMG]

Sadly it looks as if my Date Palm has 'had it' but I thought I would pop it in as there is still some green on it and just maybe it will recover :confused: one can always hope if it doesn't recover I can always remove it and plant something else. Hel.xxx.

2. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    wow Helen, that looks so good. You won't believe it but i was digging a curve in the corner of my garden yesterday. Unlike you i haven't finished yet & it's not half the size of yours!

How big is your garden - you seem to have so much going on. I will post a pic of mine prob in a couple of months but it doesn't compare to yours or others i have seen on here.

I know it's early days but how do you like the screening? we were thinking of getting some just for a few feet in the corner cos there's no real fence there but we don't want to do that whole side just yet (can't afford it at the mo anyway).

glad to hear about your seedlings. Tell Bob well done.

Love
    Sandra

3. Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,517
    Looking good Helen :thumb:

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Freddy and Sandra we are getting there slowly but surely!

Sandra we are a right pair so alike in most things lol I just can't wait to see your garden pictures I'm sure it will be wonderful.;)

Strange you should mention about the size of our gardens never really thought about that before, I'm sure I have said that we live on a corner plot so we are lucky enough to have three gardens in total one of the front, another at the side and of course our back garden and all with a different theme. I will get Bob to measure the gardens as it will be nice to know what size the gardens are but I do know that they are not that big.

The screening I think does work well into our scheme of things Bob wanted to put something up to stop the little'uns running in and out of 'his' greenhouse and I wanted something that would be a nice backdrop for the plants. We had to hunt high and low for the screening and brought it from Wilkco's in the end, each panel is 3ft high by 10ft long and cost £6.99 which I think was a brilliant price as it's not flimsy at all although Bob did make a frame for it to be tacked onto. Hel.xxx.

5. Kathy3

Kathy3 Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Helen &Bob
    what a great job you have done,
    I bet you just love your garden and new greenhouse
    well done to you both xx Kathy :thumb:

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Kathy loads still to do in the garden such as the new decking some other borders etc. to decide on but Rome wasn't built in a day and hopefully we will get there in the end.Hel.xxx.

7. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
  8. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    :thumb:well done helen and bob
    [​IMG]

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Many thanks guys for your kind words.;)

Well Bob and I have been really busy in between all the rain showers that is and have now added yet another wonderful border to the back garden sadly no whipping was needed and Bob worked like a trooper...maybe next time I'll get the chance to use it.:D

We have also decided that the large gravel sitting area on the back is way too big now the bamboo fence, greenhouse, border etc. are done and taking a huge slice of the garden, so yesterday we started to shorten the area by 3ft to make a terrace bedding area. I'm thinking of putting my red dogwood and red/brown plants in it as they no longer look right against the bamboo screen.

Also I found the time to revamp one of my cast iron chairs, I will have to take a picture to show you all how it turned out needless to say gone is the whacky purple colours and back to black they went.

Bob as told me not to big him up all the time with the jobs he does as most of the time I finish them for him but then again that's what great team work is all about!:) Hel.xxx.

10. THE MASTER

THE MASTER Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Helen a bit of team work on the pickys would be spot on :thumb:
    dont be shy :)

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Lol Colin I'll get some sorted although the chair is going to be changed once again as I'm far from pleased with the boring gold and black paint job on them...going back to being wacky me thinks!
    Also more work is being done once again elsewhere in the garden so I'm really in need of an update in pictures.:rolleyes:Hel.xxx.

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Well here's the latest pictures of the our gardens it's a little too hot outside now so I thought I would play catch-up.

Here is the other border and fence done although the border is a little in the shade in the picture so maybe have to take another one soon.

[​IMG]

The large gravel area has now been shorten somewhat as it appeared far too large for us so Bob's been busy again and terranced another bedding area from it and I have planted my 'red' plants in this bed. Our garden table has been taken over by some of the seed trays as we planted far too many marigolds.
    [​IMG]

The greenhouse is overflowing at the moment I think like all newbies we fell into the trap of growing far too many tomatoes thankfully most of are able to sit outside, these are just a few our babies knocking about.
    [​IMG]

One of the neighbours has been trying to get Bob to take over the work in his own garden but Bob being very sly and just laughs it off and say's I'm not falling for that one the guys fitter and younger than me he can sort it out himself!:D
    Hel.xxx.

13. Tropical_Gaz

Tropical_Gaz Gardener

Ratings:
    +245
    Looking very smart.

Ive just worked your name out (slow on the uptake), but i kept reading it helo fadigger, which made no sense. Putting the paces in a slightly different place and its a great name :) :)

14. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Hi Helen,
    Your garden is looking lovely. I do like that screening.

Tell me about over-seeding, I still have some in the greenhouse and my neighbours are saying I have more pots that Peter Barratts!

Post some more pics when you can.

cheers

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Gaz lol about my name we all get there in the end!:thumb:

Sandra sweetie glad I'm not the only one with masses of trays and pots all over the place!
    We must play catch-up on personal news etc. soon although with the weather like it has been it's far too hot outside and too hot to sit in front of the computer...what's a girl to do!:D Hel.xxx.