Hel's heaven once again GSOH required!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Helofadigger, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Got a lovely cordyline not as cheap as John's (who can beat the guy) but I'm happy with the price I paid.

Pepsi's just checking it out....

[​IMG].

Oh forgot to tell you my sweetpeas which I grew on my window sill have grown like crazy on the fence in the side garden.

[​IMG]

Helen.xxx.

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I forgot to tell you all that Halloween was really great even 'cat woman' (from next door) spraying silly spray all over our hedge,gates and door couldn't spoil it for us, I think she used 3 or 4 cans!

I have to say when 'cat woman' was told by Dan's g/f to come back later when I was back from the doctors we had a right scream at her expense I couldn't believe how she had the cheek to come back for goodies after doing such a mess, I was pretty peed off I can tell you.

Cat woman returned and I asked her if it was her who did all the damaged and the silly moo said 'Yes'.

I have to tell you cat woman has two sides of which she doesn't know we are aware of; one that is all smiles and apple pies and the other that rants,raves, screams and swears something terrible at her kiddies of which we can hear from our home and although we are not joined onto her house we can quite clearly hear her going off on one through our double glazing!

Anyway it's rare for me to swear so boy was she shocked to hear me go nuclear on her on our door step needless to say she left eyes wide and mouth open :mad:

We trimmed up the outside of the house and placed our wonderful rock style garden speakers near the hedge and garden gates, although the music is pretty scarey our trimmings are not they are very much geared up for little ones but even still the music makes the poor guys and girls a little frighten coming up the garden path but the mums and dads love it!

I was sad to find out last year that mostly all on our estate hid behind closed curtains for Halloween I know it's not really 'our' celebration but me and Bob love to see children having so much fun and have always encouraged our boys to dress-up for play when they were younger so much so that it wasn't rare for us to go shipping to Asda with Batman & Robin in tow or a couple of cowboys for that matter! :D

Anyway Bob and I must have given quite a few on our estate a wake-up call as this year it was very much reversed, children were telling us how well they were doing and even going back home to dump their pumpkin buckets before going back and finishing the estate!

We had a trio of cute little girls who had dragged their poor mum across the village just to visit 'The Haunted House' again and of course to get the glowsticks that we always give out.....I was telling all the monsters don't forget to call next year I'll have more!

All the children were very polite and one sweet little 3 year old who wasn't trick a treating made Bob and I scream with laughter.

She was walking past with her grandad he was pushing the pushchair while little miss was strolling along without a care in the world.

Bob shouted to her do you want to visit the hanuted house she shouted back 'no' so Bob asked her grandad did she want a sweet? Grandad asked and again she said no.

I hobbled along to her as grandad waited for me and I asked the little one if she was sure she didn't want a sweet or two again she said no but hidden behind my back I had a glowstick unbeknown to her.

I said to her 'Oh I don't think you would want one of these then' and revealed the prize her little eyes lit up and she said 'Oh YES! much to the howls of laughter of grandad, Bob and I!

I can't wait for next year hopefully I'll be fitter than this year and be able to dress-up!
    Helen.xxx.

[ 07. February 2008, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Daisees ]

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Been a right busy bee in the garden or at least in the front and side ones of which are both looking pretty nice even if I do say so myself.

The wonderfully coloured and very cheap primroses that we got from B&Q (24 plants for a quid!) have come into their own and are looking pretty amazing the ones in the side garden might have been eaten by the slugs the little b*ggers but as I said the front ones look lovely just a shame I planted them in lines....next time I'll plant in groups I think!

I removed the thorn clippings and yes you guessed it next door's deaf cat dropped a nice gift for me in my front garden it didn't even cover it up :eek: ... I'm gonna get a high power water blaster gun in summer and go Rambo style on the critter!

On the plus side the girls (Pepsi and Jovi) can now join me in the front garden without no fear of getting thorns in their paws they have just gotta to learn how to behave themselves those Yorkies are indeed right terrors!

I really should make time to take some pictures but by the time I finish it's already getting dark.

Popping out later today you never know I might just visit a gc....just don't tell Bob! [​IMG]
    Helen.xxx.

4. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hooray. Your thread is back to sanity. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Not for long John ....oh my goodness now I can't seem to get out of my head you dressed up as a pirate! :D
    Hel.xxx.

[ 03. February 2008, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Helofadigger ]

6. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    No. It's Ed. We've called him a little bee for so long, he decided to dress like one. :D

7. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Well done to both of you..The hard work has been worth it!
    Roll on the warmer days when you can sit out there and enjoy.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    well done both of you [​IMG] [​IMG] your garden looks great, yes as pal says it will be lovele once the summer arrives sitting out there, might come and join you :D :D nice bottle of shampers on that patio

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Hi Helen, nice to see your thread is still going if in a new format..!! ;) :D It is great to see what you & Bob have achieved under very difficult circumstances... ;) [​IMG] Keep up the good work & keep your pictures coming.... [​IMG] We all like to see how people are getting on with new gardens.... [​IMG]

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Pal, Rosa and Marley for your kind words, I will try to behave but sometimes the little devil in me just wants to play! :D
    Hel.xxx.

[ 03. February 2008, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Helofadigger ]

11. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    Keep going Helen. There are many of us who may not post in some threads - but we do like to look.

12. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
  13. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    [​IMG]
    Fantastic garden helen, and it only took you a year [​IMG] i love seeing other peoples gardens, also i can nick some of there ideas :D

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    No Dee not a year the side garden was done in a couple of weeks in July 2007 in between all those showers before that it was just a lonely patch of humpy grass!
    Hel.xxx.

[ 04. February 2008, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: Helofadigger ]

15. Kathy3

Kathy3 Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Helen your garden is gorgeous, you and Bob work as fast as Woo are you both on the same mixture?
    and if so could you please send us the recipe :D [​IMG]