Hel's heaven once again GSOH required!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Helofadigger, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Ste just popped on before I go to bed only reason why I'm not getting up really early now is that I have taken to having my drugs before I go to bed and not through the night which seems to be working great for me at least this last week....oh god I hope I don't wake up in the night now I'ave said that!

Plans for the garden [​IMG] well the side garden decking needs a coat of something on it as it picks muck up so easy and I do like to have a tidy garden so that's got to be done when weather is better. Bob's thinking about doing some trellis work on the wall next to the decking which should look really nice.

Bob's getting fed up with the front garden he wants to get rid of the grass maybe it's a good idea kind of looking ahead as he might not be fit enough to look after his lawn so that will get gravel over I think maybe sometime this year.

When it dries up outside there's the back garden to start/finish we did a little work on the back but things happened i.e. my blooming back and butt pain so that went on hold.

Bob's was so pleased with his little side decking that he now has plans to build a much larger one on the back garden and plans to build it on two levels...not bad for a guy who hated the whole idea of decking in the first place! :D

After that there's the new gravel/ stepping stone path down to the promised greenhouse, a few more garden beds and then we will be left with very little grass on the back too....maybe just enough room for a paddling pool. :D
    Hel.xxx.

2. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    helen for the stepping stones i got some last year solid concrete but with the pattern of of the inside of a tree ill post you a picture when the weather has picked up they look very nice.i got mine running to my shed nowt worse than getting your toosties wet :D

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I'll look forward to seeing a picture of the stepping stones Ste.

I'm sure Mrs.Imp is really pleased that you have stepping stones to your little shed as I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be too happy with you trailing your mucky feet through her house!:norty:Hel.xxx.

4. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Looks really well a lot of hard work as gone in that garden Im sure when do you think you will finish?

5. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Helen - having been reading about your back pain - have you ever tried a TENS machine? I swear by mine. I even wore it on my knee to work after I had an op on it last year!

I can give you more info if you've never heard of them.

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Nathan as with most gardens I don't think any one garden is ever finished maybe just put on ice for a while as we ponder what we are not happy with but as a guess maybe it will all be done when I'm old and grey....in that case about next week! :D

Bob and I had a 'walking talk' around the plot yesterday and it seems the weather has got Bob itching to do some more wood work in the garden so the trellis work on the wall (next to the side decking) might just get started next week, depending of course how well Bob feels.

Daisees my mum-in-law (Doris) also has a Tens machine and it works wonderfully well for her so I thought I would give it a go, sadly it didn't work for me at all which was a huge shame as they are so easy to use although not always for the person wearing it if there's a psycho turning the knob to high! [​IMG] Hel.xxx.

7. Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,517
    Hi Helen. You`re right about a garden never being finished. At my last house I think we completely changed it 3 times before it was anything like somewhere we felt comfortable in. But, I guess that`s the fun of gardening, striving to achieve. Cheers...freddy.

8. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    If we did finish our gardens, what would we do??

9. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    be given more jobs inside the house ;)

10. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
  11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Freddy we got stuck in a runt with our old garden following a detailed plan for years such as large sand pit for the kids which changed into a Apline bed later and so on, when we moved Bob and I decided we will just go with the flow and try new ideas we or should I say I have wanted to try for ages.

Strange our old garden was so secluded almost like a magical secret garden where our 'new one' is overlooked throughout our plot and it doesn't seem to bother us in the least after all the drooling that the neighbours do waters the plants! :D

The neighbours who have seen our side garden will be thrilled once we get cracking on the back garden as it will be done in a different style and hopefully it will inspire some of them to find the joy of gardening for theirself....now wouldn't that be nice?

Dee goodness knows what I would do if there was nothing to do in the garden probably start on the neighbours....first thing I would do is make a cat cr*p pit for next door's cats and no before anyone jumps down my throat not with stakes in just normal sand for them to do their thing in there instead of my garden!Hel..xxx.

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Ste I forgot to mention I really like your new avatar! Hel.xxx.

13. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    hope you dont find it offensive :D ;) what a nice morning it is . its a really nice time of year now even woke up and the birds were singin. think its time to do a spot of weeding. then after visiting my mum in hosi think i might go and get a new nesting box. as me and my 5 brothers will all be together today .think it might be a good drink later [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Freddy

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,517
    Hi folks. A lovely day here too, perfect for a spot of clearing up. When I get round to it I`ll post some pics but not much to see right now as most of my efforts are aimed at trying to get rid of years of relative neglect. It`s not overgrown exactly, but much better if I start with a blank canvas. So, I`ve had to get rid of a lot of ivy and brambles, uproot several unwanted trees, put up a fence, etc etc......(you know the score ;) ) Cheers...freddy.

15. Freddy

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,517
    BTW...I heard a great phrase last night on tv...."Who does your garden grow" :D