Hel's heaven once again GSOH required!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Helofadigger, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Ste you offensive NEVER! Hope you had plenty of fun with your five brothers, don't know how your mum coped with you all. ;)

Freddy it has been so very nice indeed outside of late and I do hope you can get your garden sorted out some what for summer at least then you can sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labour...that is unless Mrs.Freddy has more work set out for you! :eek:

I too have been a very busy [​IMG] in my garden again stained the side decking with a lovely coat of satin also the little table I brought from a few weeks back from a junk shop for Ã?£5 has had a coat as well both our looking real nice now.

Lucky for me all the work could be done on hands and knees as you guessed it the pain in my butt is back! :(

Weeded the borders too yesterday strange how I didn't find any 'custard pies' I'm sure the maker will come back again and once more I will have to make a delivery the 'pies' don't agree with me and I do like to spread the love! :D Hel.xxx.

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Well once again I'm doing the best I can while the weather's nice and I have to say it's amazing what one can do with an mp3 player on and some classic rock like Boston's 'More than a feeling', The Sweet's 'Ballroom Blitz' and of course some more upto date stuff like Green Day and the Chili Peppers just hope the neaighbours didn't hear me singing! [​IMG]

I have started to treat the back decking supports now all I have to do is agree with Bob how big an area we want and then it's away we go as Bob is really itching to get started.Hel.xxx.

3. Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,517
    Hi Helen. I doubt if I`ll come anywhere NEAR finishing the garden, if I get half way I`ll be pleased. I thought it was going to be a big project and so it`s proving to be. Yesterday I took delivery of 3 of those `tumbler` type compost bins, one of which is already full, so I`ll have to wait and see how that goes, hopefully it`ll get to work straight away. I anticipate getting a lot of compost material, which is why I lashed out and bought 3 (around Ã?£65 each). I`ve prepared an area for my fruit trees (which arrived today), so they`ll be going in saturday morning. Then I have to turn my attention to putting in the raised beds (for veg), 12 in all. Then it`s the greenhouse, then it`s the shed, then it`s...etc etc. Regarding `Mrs freddy`, a womans work (delegation) is NEVER done [​IMG] [​IMG] Cheers...freddy.

4. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    hi helen took a picture of the stepping stone it beats wet socks :D
    [​IMG]

5. Freddy

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,517
    Hi there `inter`. I notice from the pic that your borders are quite narrow. Do you have any plans to widen them ? Cheers...freddy.

6. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    no plans at the mo freddy as its only a young garden .. may do when all my plants and shrubs have grown to a decent size. as it stands now the borders are only for next doors cat to use as a toilet but i think i better not go there hope you understand [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

7. Freddy

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,517
  8. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
  9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Freddy three tumbler compost bins?.....you're gonna have muscles to die for! [​IMG]

Your bins will fill up in next to no time but remember to get rid of those perennial weeds somewhere else as I'm pretty sure they are a no, no for compost bins and will come back and haunt you otherwise.

Ste your stepping stones look great bet you can play a mean game of hopscotch on them, but goodness knows how you manage to get to your shed after a couple of drinks. :D

Freddy honestly size doesn't matter with borders it's what you do with them that counts isn't it Ste? [​IMG] Hel.xxx.

10. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    wont play hopscotch anymore as lady imp cheats :D :D :D hope the pain in the ass is ok . lady imp cant peel spuds but she can sure play her nintendo ds. she must be battering it whilst im at work as im finding bits of pad with cheats on stuffed down her side of couch . bought her a game called zelda said she will play it when her wrist is better she must be on it none stop and it must be doin her head in.ill see how clever she is when i keep stum change the password on net so she cant log on :D gonna try the sonic cat thingy if that doesnt work might look at a electric fence with barbed wire and cannons on...for the faint hearted it was a joke [​IMG] [​IMG] . anyway all pots and seeds are done now been a right busy bee.cant wait till its dahlia time,

11. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Leave her to it Ste if thats her thing it will give you more peace in the garden. :D

12. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    have you done much in the garden hel in this spring like weather ;)

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Ste we women never cheat we just bend the rules surely you know that! :D
    I'm glad your good lady is having some fun while recovering from her wrist injury it must be so very hard on her having to watch you peel the spuds I so feel for her...oh that sounds like I'm having fun at your expense Ste......would I ever do that? You bet your butt I would! :D

Nope not done anymore 'work' as such in the garden only a little dead heading on the primroses and switching on the cat scarer at night, this cold snap has really stopped us getting on with the back decking I only managed to stain 10 or so supports...oh never mind surely this cold snap can't last forever, one can only hope that spring is round the corner :(

On the plus side the deaf cat can't leave me any little gifts while the ground is frozen although truth be told the dirty devil doesn't even try to cover his mess up.

I don't think getting another cat is the answer maybe I should just buy the Yorkies a couple of pairs of running shoes with a power boost in them because how the cats get away from them I'll never know! :D Hel.xxx.

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    My lovely mum-in-law (Doris) and sister-in-law (Diane) paid us a visit the other day and I'm really chuffed to write that Diane was drooling over our side garden such a pity it wasn't summer as she could have watered the plants with the drool! :D

Anyway Diane has been collecting seeds throughout her garden for me and has also promised me a clump or two of snowdrops from the masses she has in her own garden as well.

I will in turn exchange the snowdrops and seeds for some things out of my own garden after all isn't that what we gardener's do?

Diane always seems to buy plants then hate them after a short while if I'm lucky I normally nick them off her like the very large Cordy she's seen it on our back and says that it's in the right setting and can't wait to see how the back developes.Only time will tell if we get it right!Hel.xxx.

15. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :D Doesn't it give you a nice feeling Helen, when somebody is that enthusiastic over ones garden... :D Now you know you & Bob have done good..!!! :D

[​IMG] I love swapping & cadging the odd plant with friends & family as well.... :D