Hel's heaven once again GSOH required!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Helofadigger, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes Marley it does indeed give me a bit of a buzz and the plants are always welcome....I get a little guilty at times but Diane loves my home made cheese and onion based pizza which is something she doesn't seem able to resist so that is at least a little pay back! :D Hel.xxx.

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    What a time we had just before 1am this morning an earthquake of all things!

Here's a little something that is growing in a pot in our side garden as you can see it really is a very bright sunny morning just what we need to see after our rude awakening!Hel.xxx.

[​IMG]

3. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Tell me, Helen, what do you and your husband do for a living? Because your garden looks superb.

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Why thank you David, Bob had the luxury of retiring at 50 and with his health problems we are very lucky indeed that he could afford to do so.....as for myself I'm now a very much kept woman!

I have had the odd job here and there but Bob is very old fashion in his ways and doesn't believe a woman should work...or in other words I'm a terrible flirt and he couldn't trust me! :D Hel.xxx.

5. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Unfortunately for me, gardeners never retire. [​IMG] :D

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    At the weekend Bob and I went to get 'Mum' a Mother's Day present like myself she likes to potter about in the garden so I thought it would be nice to get something for her front garden.

She's covering her front garden in bark chippings like the centre piece in our side garden so I thought I nice rhodendendron would fit the bill needless to write I was able to pick my Mother's Day my own pressie up on the trip as well. ;)

I came back with a very lovely standard lilac tree now all I have to do is find somewhere to plant it!

I was also forced (against my will..not!) by my sister-in-law to come away from her house with a carrier bag full of snowdrops all of which have been planted into their new home...don't know where I found room amongst all the other bulbs but you know the old saying 'Where's there a will there's way'Hel.xxx.

7. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    looks like you been a busy girl braveheart, and we all know you always find a way ;)

8. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hel said 'Where's there a will there's way' I always thought the saying was 'Where's there's a will there's a relative' :D

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Ste yes my kilt has come out of the wardrobe and my war paint is on no matter what the weather is like I'm going for gold and to hell with it all....well until the pain in the butt kicks in good style at least! [​IMG]

By the way Ste I do like your flasher I nearly fell off my chair when I saw him...well I think it was a him! [​IMG]

Walnut you are indeed right just don't tell Bob's kin because we get the lot! [​IMG]

Still got to find where to put my lilac bush :confused:

Last week I noticed an old couple pausing to look at my front garden and couldn't think why until yesterday when I walked through our garden gate, all the garden is putting on quite a show with the primroses and tons of bulbs are shooting through.

It's nowhere near how I want it to be yet so although I'll take a picture I'll not post any full ones until the grass etc. is all gone and everything is as it should be or how we would want it to look, but saying that I just might change my mind!Hel.xxx.

10. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    keep up the good work hel you will have it how you want it in no time, what are you doing about the stepping stones helen or have you changed your mind. look foward to seeing some more pictures ;)

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Ste I'm jumping all over the place and I don't mean on my gym ball either!

I just don't know where to start first do the front or start on the back?

Although truth be told we will probably start full force after we come back from Newbury (we go in a few weeks time for yet another Lan event)I'ave already told Bob we will be crusing the garden centres down there and he didn't make too much of a fuss!

Bob's going to get the greenhouse when we get back so I think the steppings stones will go in after maybe, I'll take some pictures of any adventures that might happen as we go along.Hel.xxx.

12. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    gym ball :eek: :eek: [​IMG]
    helen start where gets the most and best sun..and i dont mean tenerife. think bob is comin around to your way of thinking he doesnt even make a fuss anymore

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    No Ste One of these! I bounce about on it like one of those space hoppers from the 70's really great fun I even have to fight over it with my little neice!

Been to B & Q today and brought two sets of green house staging there's 25% off at the moment now all I need is my green house!Hel.xxx.

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    My beloved Bob says he's taking me back to B & Q later on today to get our green house..... boy am I lucky to have a good'um like him! [​IMG]

It's took nearly 25 years to train him but it was worth all the hard work! :D Hel.xxx.

15. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    oh my god :eek: :eek: helen get bob to take a picture when your on it :eek: :D :D