Hel's movie heaven

Discussion in 'Members Hobbies' started by Helofadigger, Oct 16, 2007.

1. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Helen :D

Have you seen 'I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry'? saw it a couple of weeks back it was really funny :D

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Ste such a shame that so many films 'show' their best parts in the trailers and when you go to see the film thats about all that's good of them.

It costs about �£6.40 or so for an adult to see just one movie at Cineworld and the drinks and things costs a arm and a leg so I thought why not give an honest view on the films I see.....most of the films are lacking but now and again you get one that's pretty damn good like 300 and Shoot'em up...boy did I enjoy those films!

Hi Paula yes saw 'Chuck and Larry' and rated it 8/10 which for me is pretty good.....how much would you rate it out of ten?
    Helen.xxx.

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all another week another movie!

RENDITION (15)
    Most of you may have seen the trailer for this film on TV as 'they' seem to be really pushing this one maybe because of the stars in it who are Meryl Streep,Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal.

It's all about Isabella's husband Anwar El-Ibrahimi going missing on a flight home. He's a terrorism suspect and is taken away to be interrogated, while Isabella's trying to find out what's happened to him.

I thought with the trailer's I'ave seen this would be a pretty good film but sadly it wasn't for me!
    Very, very slow and I have to admit that I did something that I have NEVER done before I fell asleep in the cinema after an hour of finger twiddling!

Bob said I didn't miss much as it was pretty bad one of our son's (Harry) hadn't college yesterday and tagged along with us also, he couldn't believe someone passed him by saying it was a bloody good film...I don't think 'they' get out much!

In this movie there is of course a bombing element which goes back on its self, to be honest if you want to see a film kind of like this but ten times better go and see KINGDOM now thats a great film!
    RENDITION rated a very poor 2/10
    Helen.xxx.

4. accidentalgardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Helen,

I fink i probably rate it as an 8 as well. Appealed to my quirky sense of humour.

Never di get to see The History Boy's, did you? Saw Sunshine and it was a 2/10 [​IMG]

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Paula
    No I didn't see History Boys it was one of those films that I didn't get a chance to see. I have to be quick with some films as some only last a week although I'm pretty lucky as the boys (Bob will like that one!)lets me choose which films we see! :D

Didn't see Sunshine either but if you rate it 2/10 then I didn't miss much [​IMG]

I have free tickets to see an advance showing of SICKO but can't go on the night so one of my son's is going to give the tickets to his workmates, I'll see it later maybe next week.

I am looking forward in seeing EASTERN PROMISES and SAW IV....I hope they live up to the trailers I'ave seen of them!

Don't think I'll get to the movies today as it's 'Orange Wednesday' and it gets so packed out with the two for one promotion that Orange does.

Helen.xxx.

6. accidentalgardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Helen :D ,

I will have to check out Eastern Promises and Saw Iv, never heard of 'em, so thanks for that:)

Sunshine was rubbish, and to add insult to injury we have it on dvd as well so not only did we not enjoy it at the flicks, we can not enjoy it any time we like at home [​IMG]

7. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    helen if you had to pick one film only, and i asked you what was your best film you had ever watched what would it be . mine would be rita sue and bob too. :D talk about laugh

8. accidentalgardener

Ratings:
    +1
    IP,

Rita, Sue and Bob too - what a naughty film :eek: :D

My favourite would have to be Twister, but thats only because i am so shallow that i fancy Bill Paxtons bum in those jeans when he bends over and picks up a handful of dirt :D

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys and girls.

Paula I think you might have a problem if you hated that Sunshine but still brought the DVD!

One of our sons (Dan) has a little addiction for buying DVD's (all original of course) I'ave lost count how many he has I think it's about 6 or 7 hundred now, he even has a data base for them on his computer and phone! :eek:

Ste 'Rita,Sue and Bob too' is a really great film and ticks all the boxes for me and Bob; common people with good strong northern accents, a great funny comedy, quite a few swear words and a little bit naughty too just our thing!

Other films that have the same sort of stuff in them are 'East is east' and 'Dancing through the dark' both really good films.

If I had to choose a favourite film (now this will properly amaze you all) then it would have to be the classic 'Wizard of Oz'.

I have been known to recite some of the film which drives Bob crazy as I always put on a silly voice and ask him 'Are you a good witch or a bad witch' but there you go....I even have the theme tune as my ring tone and I'm not embarrassed in the least when it rings.... it always gives the people around me a smile when they hear it! [​IMG]

Helen.xxx.

10. accidentalgardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Helen,

Unfortunately the DVD incident was Craig trying to be thoughtful, haven't the heart to tell him the truth bless him.

I;ve had to sit thru it twice at home already [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all

Sorry only saw one movie last week most children are on their half term break now so I'll have to see some (18) movies next week, as seeing movies while the kids are off school is murder as most of them can't stop talking all the way through a film.

Must be the way they are dragged up as my little 4 year old niece sits wonderfully all through the movies at the cinema....I had the pleasure of taking her to her very first movie showing and she was such a good little girl all the way through the movie....she's been twice with us now but she can't understand why she's not allowed to see all the films with us, so we have to sneak out to see them! :eek:
    Helen.xxx.

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all

I'm feeling much better today and fancy seeing a movie I wonder what I shall see [​IMG] .....I'll tell you later!
    Helen.xxx.

13. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    i hope you enjoyed it helen [​IMG]

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all below is what I saw yesterday.

'Eastern Promises' (18) with Viggo Mortensen of Lord Of The Rings fame playing the leading role as Nikolai a ruthless member of a Russian mob family living in London who claims to be 'only' the driver.

The trailers for this movie give you a taster of a pretty dramatic film and indeed it was...as with most mob type films there is of course the brutal hits that can make your toes curl but Nikolai has a kindness that you wouldn't expect from a character in a film like this.

It has of course a wonderful but 'used' before twist in it's tale but still makes you go Mmm!

Viggo Mortensen has a wonderful accent and although he's not what I would call an attractive guy you can't help but feel drawn to him in this film...his cool dark looks make you go weak at the knees!

One of those films that you come away saying 'that's a pretty good film'.

I rate this 9/10 would have been 10/10 but the ending seems not to quite work for me.

Bob and Harry thought the movie was pretty good as well....my other son saw it late last night although I did spoil it for him as I told him what other film it was alike to just by saying the 'other' film's name but I'll not spoil it for you guys as well......If you like mafia/mob type films you are sure to like this one! [​IMG] Helen.xxx.

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

The movie I saw yesterday was SAW IV (18) sorry for the pun there!

Thank goodness that it was an 18 too as the amount of teenages at the cinema was incredible so loud and rude at least the little ones do no more than run about and giggle which is pretty cute.

About three quarters the way through the film some teenagers sneaked in and if they were respectable to the other people watching the movie there wouldn't have been a problem but no they had to start making silly noises which really isn't on....Bob went and told a member of staff if he could do a head count, the guy came along and said just show us where they are sitting and I just ask to look at their tickets.

Needless to say 'they' didn't have tickets and was removed so the rest of us could watch the movie in peace!

SAW IV (18)
    Lucky for us we watched the previous SAW just the other day to refresh our memories as there is a time link to this one and the last one, so if you have the last one on DVD then I would suggest that you do the same before watching the new movie.

I have read a few reviews of this film most are not good...I don't know what 'their' problem is I really enjoyed the film!

It has everything in it fans have come to love, the so-called 'Why me' people that don't know why Jigsaw has picked on them only to be told that Jigsaw 'Would like to play a game'.

As one would expect from Jigsaw he plans things well in advance and there are many twists and turns in this new movie to keep all gore and toe curling fans happy.

Unlike Amanda's traps in the last movie the people in this one have at least the chance of 'getting out alive'. :eek:
    One to see 9/10
    Helen.xxx.