Here come the Daylilies

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by simbad, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Pollies Daylilies

Pollies Daylilies Gardener

Semi retired Accountant, owner Pollies Daylilies
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hi All

Great to see so many lovely late blooms. We have seedlings still flowering and Dad's Best White, Lucky Stripe and Ledgewood Calico Blues are reblooming. Ice Water has been out for the last few weeks and we have buds on Syd Barrett but I don't know whether that will make it. Building another new bed - promised myself I'd stop after the last one - must be mad - solid rock as usual. Ah well, more space for my new babies from US. Have a peaceful winter. I will be working on the website and the catalogue. Have split over 200 clumps this year so hopefully it should be pretty next year.

• Like Like x 2
    • simbad

simbad Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +3,318
      Ice Water's lovely Pollie, I don't have a white spider, I'll be watching out for that one, and my favourite Ledgewoods Calico Blues still flowering:love30:.
      I have buds on Changing Latitudes that I got from you in spring, turning cold now so don't think it''l get a chance to flower but its grown huge already.
      Can't wait to see the new catalogue, 200 clumps my goodness!!!
      I've been digging a new extension to the daylily bed not on your scale but room for another 13 :loll:.

• Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
      +12,352
      Hi Simbad Ice Water is that a margo reed one ?? cant find a photo
      Does Polie send out a catalogue ??

SPRUCE

• simbad

simbad Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +3,318
      Yes Spruce Ice Water is a Margo Reed:love30:.
      Yes Pollie does send a catalogue, I've bought from her before so get one sent automatically, can't wait for next years :D, sure she'll send one if you ask, you can view it online as well though www.polliesdayliles.co.uk

• Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
      +12,352

Hi Simbad found the picture on Woodhenge Gardens $150 :cry3:and sold out so popular in America 2007 so hasnt been around for that long.

Its not very white , more lavender , it look realy n ice and would love one , but my desert icicle is very similar when you compare them

Your link wasnt working :mute:
      But if its the one on line I have a look at every week :heehee: anyway

FB will have some of Nans on soon and has put away a Tchao Pantin for me for the spring some of her Top Guns are amazing.

Have a look for : Freaky People (Murphy) a purple spider

Spruce

• Pollies Daylilies

Ratings:
      +57
      Hi Simbad

The LCB is a spare plant so if it makes it I will dig up the other clump. Not too big but you are top of the list if you still want it. Francois V. always manages to get plants that seem to be out of stock for years. He is a real miracle worker. We also have Scandinavia and Isabelle Rose. There is so much hype about IR but it is so slow. Scandinavia has flowered but it is really small and hasn't got to its full height yet. There is so much to look forward to again next year:D

• simbad

simbad Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +3,318
      Yes please Pollie I do still want Ledgewood Calico Blues,thankyou, whenever its ready just let me know and I'll pop a cheque in the post, and would still love 'All American Windmill' too :D, been on the lookout for a nice white spider so any you would recommend, the bigger the better, Scandinavia's gorgeous.
      I've never ordered any from Francois V but have looked on the eurocallis website, fabulous daylilies:)

• Pollies Daylilies

Ratings:
      +57
      Hi Simbad

That'll be my pleasure. New bed progressing but very slowly. Room for some of our new imports from this spring, hopefully. Not as many as usual but still about 30+:what:

This year got Amazing Adam, Jelly Dancer, Trifecta, Ice Water, Sugar Magnolia, High Falootin Floozy to name just some. Very exciting:D

• simbad

simbad Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +3,318
      Thankyou Pollie can't wait :D.
      Another 30 crikey !!!!! , just found pictures of the ones you've listed except Amazing Dan, couldn't find a picture of that one but sounds lovely, the others are wonderful especially love Jelly Dancer and High Falootin Floozy(love that name:heehee:) .
      I bought one this weekend 'Spacecoast Behavior Pattern' , only went on ebay to buy a couple of dies for my cuttlebug, thought I'd make a start on my christmas cards, just had to look at the daylilies didn't I :rolleyespink:, one I've wanted ever since I saw it in my new daylily encyclopedia, bought from this seller before and always great plants, so another to look forward to.

• Pollies Daylilies

Ratings:
      +57
      Hello Simbad

It is Amazing Adam. Fantastic big yellow tet unusual from Judy Davisson.

I have SBP - absolutely brilliant:happydance: It isn't huge or particularly vigorous but stunning colours.

• simbad

simbad Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +3,318
      OMG can't believe I wrote the name wrong :heehee: did mean Amazing Adam, our daughters called Danielle and we often call her Dan wonder if she distracted me while I was typing:rolleyespink:.
      Looking forward to SBP even more now :D

• simbad

simbad Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +3,318
      Can't believe it I sowed my first lot of dayliliy seeds in damp vermiculite in the fridge last Saturday, usually I'd expect to see germination in 6-8 weeks,thought they'd be sprouting just in time for me coming back from my hols, had a little peek today and the first ones are sprouting already!!!!!! a cross of 'Lavender Arrowhead' and 'Odds and Ends' :yess:, trouble is now I'll have to leave them in the hands of our daughters while we're away :DOH:

• Lililoon

Lililoon Gardener

Ratings:
      +29
      Wow simbad that was quick - we are just getting ready to sow ours. Good luck with the seeds and your daughter !!

• Lililoon

Lililoon Gardener

Ratings:
      +29
      Correction, I have just been informed by the boss that some of ours have started "popping" !:yahoo:

• simbad

simbad Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +3,318
      Yes I thought that was pretty quick Lililoon, great news about yours too.
      Exciting times :yahoo:, I've only ever grown from seed a couple of times before, do you use the vermiculite in the fridge method?
      I'm a new BHHS member too, joined middle of last year so missed out on the seed list last year, just spent a happy few hours searching the seeds on the first list and now I've received another !!!!,and there's another still to come:yahoo:, so hard not to pick too many, don't want to be greedy, I keep making lists then dwindling them down more and more, and of course have to think where they're all going to grow on, ok at the moment as I have a whole half allotment at the bottom of the garden, and hubby has a whole one I could pinch a bit of :mute::heehee:.
      Do you do your own hybridizing Lililoon? and have you registered any?