Here come the Daylilies

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by simbad, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,352

Hi Simbad

I have a couple od scapes poping up in the greenhouse, and I have kept them on the dry side as well and greenhouse windows open 24 7 to stop the early growth:mad:.

Are you getting ichy feet as well as me, Ebay has started to get a bit better but nothing to rock my boat yet , plus I have so many on order with Pollie Jennie Brenda and soon Lilioon (love victorian ribbons) I dare not spend £££
    Lililoon does hybridizing (tell us more LL AND PHOTOS) I cant wait do have a afternoon out in the summer pity you cant come we should organise a GC afternon out, be great fun.

Grey skies here but at least its not raining :yess:

Spruce

2. simbad

simbad Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,318

Hi Spruce, I don't have scapes on any in the greenhouse, only a couple in there at the moment though,got most planted out last autumn, but do still have scapes popping up on the ones in the garden, not coming to anything but very strange to see in January, 'Green Mystique' has 3!!!! and a new one last year that I can't wait to see flower,'Sanford Star Search',has a tiny bud showing, suppose I should chop it off really.
    Must say I haven't looked on ebay for a week or two, I do have an order with Pollie but no-one else, yet :heehee:.
    Yes shame I live too far away and don't drive :DOH:.
    Well I'm off back outside now me and OH are busy clearing all the broken branches and fallen trees from the wood after the strong winds, he's getting a bit carried away chopping a few dead ones down too :rolleyespink:.

3. Angelina

Angelina Super Gardener

Translator/Teacher
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    Simbad, your collection is unrivalled! I'm not ambitious to catch up with all this affluence, but here are some of the varieties I currently have. And I promised to tease you a bit by listing my new 'hunting trophies'. :D

[​IMG]
    Moonlight masquarade

[​IMG]
    Night beacon

[​IMG]
    Crimson Pirate

[​IMG]
    Catherine Woodbury, fragrant

[​IMG]
    Strawberry candy

[​IMG]
    No varietal name for this one... :scratch:

And 4 new varieties I bought yesterday (ready to be planted out):

[​IMG]
    Burgundy Love

[​IMG]
    Lady Betty Fritz

[​IMG]
    Lacy Dolly

[​IMG]
    Entrapment

Unfortunately, some part of the delivery was delayed due to new regulations at the Romanian border, so I will have to wait by Friday and will post another series of newly purchased varieties. :sunny: :yess::grouphug:

• Like Like x 3
    • simbad

simbad Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +3,318
      Wondered what was going on Angelina, so many new likes :D.
      You have some beauties there, great pictures,love 'Strawberry Candy' I've looked at that before but never got round to buying it, don't think I have one with quite that colouring,lovely :love30:, Entrapment's a gorgeous colour too, I bought 'Lacey Doily' last autumn getting to really like the doubles,looking forward to seeing which others you bought :dbgrtmb:
      The daylilies are all coming to life again :yess: the dormants look great, lush new growth, same can't be said for the evergreens they look awful, can't wait to cut back the foliage but better hold on a bit, make sure there's no more snow forecast first.

• Like Like x 2
      • Angelina

Angelina Super Gardener

Translator/Teacher
        Ratings:
        +1,081
        Glad you like it, Simbad! This is how it flowered last summer with me, for the first time. If it has a new 'eye' this spring and looks divisible, it's yours! :dbgrtmb:

You will probably see it flower before I do. :scratch:
        I wondered how precisely the name spelled, as there are all sorts suggestions around the web, but I finally remembered to look at the name tag: :heehee:
        [​IMG]

The new delivery will be stocked on Sunday, so on Monday morning I'll probably be at the trader's office before they unlock the door. :WINK1: And, keep your fingers crossed for me, as I hope to get this variety:

[​IMG]
        Exploded Pumpkin

Honestly, it looks crazy. Yesterday, when I showed this picture to my daughter, she gasped:
        Appalling! How truly appalling!

I can't resist it! :D

• Like Like x 3
        • Pollies Daylilies

Pollies Daylilies Gardener

Semi retired Accountant, owner Pollies Daylilies
          Ratings:
          +57
          Ooh, lots of lovely pictures here. Just firmed up my US order for this year, first seedlings just sprouting rootlets, now up to about 1600 in various stages of growth, hopefully lots of ones at flowering size this year. Great to catch up with your chat.

• Like Like x 1
          • Angelina

Angelina Super Gardener

Translator/Teacher
            Ratings:
            +1,081
          • Spruce

Ratings:
            +12,352
            • Like Like x 1
            • Pollies Daylilies

Ratings:
              +57
              Hi Angelina, some great additions to your collection. Mary Brown is named for a very dear friend of mine who is a beautiful as her namesake. Doubles can be pretty addictive, even I've got a few but for me my spideries are the best.

• Like Like x 1
              • Pollies Daylilies

Ratings:
                +57
                Hi Spruce, good links, love Dave's site and some great pics. The plants are definitely getting there. Won't be long before the packing department is in full production. :dancy: Can't wait for my stuff to come from Francois - another 40 this year. Bankruptcy looms:oopss:

• Like Like x 1
                • simbad

simbad Total Gardener

Ratings:
                  +3,318
                  Some lovely purchases there Angelina, I bought 'Exploded Pumpkin' a couple of years ago,it was only a small fan and haven't seen it flower yet but fingers crossed for this year, hope it looks as good as the picture:).
                  Crikey Pollie 1600!!!!! I've just potted up around 50 and just put some more in the fridge today, only just caught up with washing ironing and sleep!!! after our holiday, we had a night flight so by the time we arrived home we hadn't slept for 30 hours, know how Rob feels now every time he does night shifts:hate-shocked:, but apart from that we had a brilliant time, fabulous place :)
                  Hope you've been behaving while I was away Spruce, no sneaky buying on ebay :loll::runforhills:

• Like Like x 1
                  • Spruce

Ratings:
                    +12,352
                    Hi Simbad
                    iiimmmm back !!!! as well , I cant believe it hasnt rained here for two weeks all the plants are looking good though I am so glad I moved all the hems on to the decking before I left out of the greenhouse, I bet some tasty ones on Ebay I will check out soon glad you had a great time , done the Caribean its the flight home is the killer apart from that it just another world back to the grey skies as I have missed all the sune here as I have been told !!! .

I will put my seeds in the fridge today

Spruce

• Like Like x 1
                    • simbad

simbad Total Gardener

Ratings:
                      +3,318
                      Hi Spruce, nice to see you back hope you had a good time :biggrin:, shame you missed all the glorious weather here, we did really well 2 weeks of sun then nearly 2 weeks when we came back:dancy:, got all the daylily bed weeded and fed yesterday, they're all looking good, growing by the day :)
                      Hubby put me the new arch up in the picture too, just needs painting them I can plant a couple of climbers.
                      006.JPG

• Like Like x 5
                      • Spruce

Ratings:
                        +12,352
                        Very nice :spinning:

Yours are coming on realy well , im realy proud I havnt lost one .

I had a look on ebay crazy prices or what I know we both missed loads I think one called Blue Hippo ???? I think went for £69.00 any way not jelous as my new ones arive soon :dancy:

ps I like the arch a natural colour so leave alone :WINK1:

Spruce

• Like Like x 1
                        • simbad

simbad Total Gardener

Ratings:
                          +3,318
                          I planted the arch yesterday Spruce rose 'Albertine' on one side and a couple of clematis on the other, left it natural in the end:biggrin:
                          The exciting news is I have my first scape emerging on 'String Bikini' very early for here, won't be long before the show starts again :dancy:

• Like Like x 3