Holding still

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by Diziblonde, May 27, 2007.

1. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    my only digital at the moment is a credit card size little thing, which, for her size, does wonders.
    Of course you don't have to breath when taking the pictures or, worst, have a shaky hand...
    Before or later I will buy a bigger camera with a display.

2. glenw

glenw Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I can say that i've had nothing but good experiences with 7dayshop, there products are well described and very well priced. delivery has always been quick on the starndard rate but they do have a more expensive postage to get things even quicker. I suppose everyone has good/bad stories about everything!!

3. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +91,679
    I've bought a few bit and pieces, nothing expensive, from 7 dayshop.com.
    One thing I did order was out of stock but that was made clear when I ordered, I think it took three weeks in the end.
    As for taking money from your account when the item is out of stock, I find that usual practice these days.
    PC World are one of the worst, but with them its always a case of, "its coming in next week" and then the week after and so on.

4. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +54,877
    Here we call that "para semana" .. in the next week or whenever ... :

I don't know about things holding still there ...

... here's a Portuguese Hold Still ... hope it comes through okay as I've got a bad connection at the moment ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Pnx_C84oA

I know it's nothing to do with anything, but it's nice ... [​IMG]

5. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  6. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,441
    Had that very problem with 7dayshop :mad: so I now use valueshopuk as recommended by someone else here and found them very quick and reliable. [​IMG]

7. jjdecay

jjdecay Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    A monopod is designed for stuff like sports photography,were the camera person can move left and right,thus tracking the player,car or whatever.If you use a monopod for normal photos,dont forget that you could still get camera shake,as you will have to hold it.In my opinion,a tripod is definatly the best.You can set up your cam,cable,(if you have one)and leave it till your ready.With a monopod,you always have to put i down.

Tip,if you want something small,try a tabletop or miniture tripod.Some of these can fit in your pocket,ideal for compact,but not sturdy enough for DSLRs.
    jjdecay

8. glenw

glenw Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    ther are a few monopods on the market that have small 'extra' legs that can make it into a free standing monopod, the manfrotto 682b and giottos p-pod 5570. there may be others, i'm having a look for 1 myself at the mo. will let you know if i find anything!

9. glenw

glenw Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  10. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Very impressive Glenw, �£70 seems a tad pricey for me though!

11. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't like the sound of a magnetic pad for anything larger than a point and shoot, definitely wouldn't chance a DSLR on it.
    I use a monopod when we're out walking, it doubles as a walking pole for me, I keep the camera on it while walking.
    I use the tripod mostly around the house (items for ebay etc) and garden, also for macro shots.