horrid caterpillars on cabbages

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by Rosiemongrel, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, that is the problem with butterflies. I always have to luahg when gardenenrs harp on on making the garden attractive for butterflies. Happy, well fed butterflies lay eggs, and then a host of bleeding caterbillars graze the garden to the ground. They arenĀ“t all so nasty as cabbage caterpillars... but still I will take bees over butterflies any time. I see the butterflies on my walks through the fields, and that is close enough for me.

2. Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,517
  3. Rosiemongrel

Rosiemongrel Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the link, Freddy. Will definitely invest in some of that next year. I only have a small veggie area, so it's important that everything that's in it grows as well as it can! It should not be too expensive to cover either, as it's quite a small area. :)

4. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    What happened to Pyrethrum spray. :confused: Can't find it anywhere:mad:

5. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    cajary, It is still manufactured. I buy it trade sold as ' topel' and use it to deal with apids and caterpuillars etc on non eddibles however for edibles i use liquid derris.