How much have you spent on the garden so far this year?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Melinda, May 11, 2011.

1. PinkFinger

PinkFinger Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    :heehee::heehee::heehee::heehee:

I have spent around £100 and still have a growing wish list!

2. bambooruth

bambooruth Gardener

gardener
    Ratings:
    +313
    ditto we are also on our 3rd year with the back and side garden ,new extended massive fence ,several tons of rubble dug out and wheel barrowed 500 yards to a neighbour,sandstone wall built,planting being done still stepped wall to build , shed ... :phew:

3. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,838
    We've all got the same problem not matter the size or development of our gardens, we've always got a new project, plant of desire, etc, etc, that makes us spend more and more.:what: You'd think that after a certain amount of years we'd have got our gardens, projects and plants to the point of satisfaction, but no, the garden changes every year in some way, and we find another project or some plant that we just can't do without.:rolleyespink:

Me?, there's still loads of things I want for the garden:scratch:, if only I had more space:D:heehee:

You think a Cuprinol covered Banjo player is bad, Kristen, then you definitely haven't had the pleasure of hearing me "sing":heehee:

4. chitting kaz

chitting kaz Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,616
    now that is a good question :what:
    how much have i spent on the garden ?:scratch:

i think i will take the 5th on this question just in case the OH is lurking lol :mute:

5. Tiarella

Tiarella Optimistic Gardener

Ratings:
    +120
    Yup, gardening is something that you never "finish". There's always a new project or new plants or a rearrangement of existing plants.....ad infinitum. Great, innit?

• Like Like x 2
    • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +122,463
      I knew there was a reason not to go and live in Cheshire. :WINK1: :loll: :loll: :loll:

• alana

alana Super Gardener

Head Gardener
      Ratings:
      +2,620
      Having been in my present home for the last 27 years my garden is well established and the amount of money spent on my garden is quite small compared to the early years when spending exorbitant amounts on hard landscaping, garden structures, trees, shrubs and plants as well as building up a large collection of garden tools and machinery. To replace everything in the garden would be thousands of pounds.

This year my costs have been around £120.00 mainly spent on compost, plug plants and veg seeds and I consider it is definitely money well spent when I see the results blooming or ending up on my plate.

The only daft thing I bought this year was a pitch fork - this was bought as a knee jerk reaction after seeing a rat in my compost. I think an air rifle would have been more effective.

• roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +7,094
      :) I don't like to think about the cost to much it might just spoil it for me.I have what I want when I want it.
      I didn't used to be able to afford it...............It is my passion :)

• Like Like x 2
      • Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
        +12,352
        Hi Simbad
        I have spent a lot of love and time and its your fault LOL I have spent £££ on Ebay daylily's neither of us shoudnt buy another one as between us now we have over 200 hundred diffrent ones

ps more are producing scapes

Spruce

• Chopper

Chopper Do I really look like a people person?

Seal Clubber
        Ratings:
        +112
        About £400 on seeds and plants and compost and pots ect, but I already made £480 on selling plants off the doorstep so in effect nothing :)
        Mrs Chopper

• xoot

xoot Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +1
        Having moved to our new house almost a year ago, we've had to start from scratch with new shed, greenhouse, coldframe, pond, storage and all the garden tools, pots - everything... it was a few thousand squids and we're still spending.

Hopefully, once we're established, the outlay will drop and there will be a bit more sustainability.