How much time do you spend gardening?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Tropical_Gaz, May 7, 2008.

1. Tiarella

Tiarella Optimistic Gardener

Ratings:
    +120
    I'm much like you, Trop Gaz, I spend evenings and weekends in the garden, I go to gardening shows in the summer, have been to Meets at Wisley, Abbotsbury, Great Dixter etc. When on holiday, I always like to take in a local garden, either NT or NGS or, if abroad, the local botanical gardens. I've got loads of books on the subject and keep magazines with special features that interest me.

Great isn't it!

2. Tropical_Gaz

Tropical_Gaz Gardener

Ratings:
    +245
    Great Dixter is one place i would love to get to, its quite a treck from me but Id like to get there. Christopher Lloyd was a real gent, hes books are an inspiration!

3. Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,517
    BTW....off to Malvern this saturday :D

4. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Erm, how much time do i spend in the garden? A damn site more this year than ever before but sometimes it's chasing the dogs off the plants.

I still have to shut Arnie in the kitchen cos if the little ****** see's where i am working he will help out too :D off to sort out some picks to post so you can see my efforts (!) :thumb:

5. terrier

terrier Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    How can gardening be a pastime when you plant for the future? After Meggie Terrier saw me planting 50 spring bulbs in a flower bed, she thought she'd better check I'd planted them correctly ... she dug up 52 bulbs :eek: It's hard to tell just how long you spend in the garden, the hours just seem to fly past!

6. THE MASTER

THE MASTER Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    wot is about mud that is so compeling.

from this brown stuff come's, food ~ flowers ~ plants ~ enjoment ~ hard work ~ freinds ~ and many more things :)

im trying to work out why gardening is so adictive
    :confused: