how safe do you feel

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by intermiplants, Feb 13, 2008.

1. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    No rosa, i dont even bother reporting them to my boss any more, she shakes her head and says "just ignore them" :eek:

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    dee thats teribble, she obviously doesnt care sounds like it :eek:

3. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    In my opinion the problems are largly due to the change in police and the Courts focus from a zero tolerance of vandalism, shoplifting general disorder to now largly ignoreing it.

Ive posted before my experience of the police force when we had a problem with vandalism and criminal damadge. Basicly the police wouldnt do anything about it even after being given names.

In the end I caught the person in the act, atacked him and told him exactly what id do to him if he came back again the result a quiet time since.

4. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,076
    I'm probably going to get it in the neck here but to me the problem starts at a very early age.
    The kids are palmed off to some day nursery and taught to "interact" with other kids and to fit in socially. Seems to me to mostly consist of shouting and screeming lessons but in group form.

This moves on to a bit older and family life is not important, the need to "fit in" and not be an individual creeps in.

At a certain age the "fitting in" becomes even more important, and anyone that doesn't "Fit in" gets bullied.

Eventually it means only going around in large groups, and large groups have always meant trouble, even years ago, its just that they were rarer then. Add to that alcahol, and we have the situation we have now.

No one is allowed to be an individual, they all have to dress the same and do the same, and they are taught that from about 3yrs old.
    Family life is non existant or not allowed to get in the way.

5. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    sorry to hear that most of you have been insulted swore at or spat at and to hear its children as young as 4 and 5 answering back im amazed. i listened to the wife of the man recently killed by youths and felt sick to the stomach when she said they kicked her husband like a football.the problem is just getting worse and i think most of us know it so why is nothing being done .i caught a burglar in my house red handed just as his feet landed onto the kitchen floor. it was only after i had hit him twice i realised he woz a kid. the big bloke that was too fat get through the window just ran away over the field ,the child turned out to be 15 . i rang the police (didnt want to) if i had my way i would have took him to the moors and tied him up for the day in the cold just to let him know that if i wanted him in my house i would have invited him in.when the police arrived first words they said was have you hit him. i replied no as i didnt want two years for hitting a youth the policeman whispered in my ear ,well you should have.the youth was screaming he hit me he hit me the policeman said ok we will put his cut eye and broken nose down to him falling when climbed through the window and could i go and hide my bat..just so glad that even the policeman knew what i had done but agreed.i went to court as he had something like 27 convictions . in court he said he was on his own and there was no fat older bloke with him it was only when i went outside that i realised his friends had put cig burns all the way down my 160 pound coat . he got 6months in a young offenders but he never got my xmas presents from under the tree. i dont know what the answer is im just sick of hearing the older generation cant go out at night or to hear an old dear has been kicked black and blue then mugged.

6. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    I have the solution,zero tolerance,
    1.Bring back national service,
    2.Bring back the birch,
    3.Bring back capital punishment,
    I live half a mile away from were Gary Newlove was murdered nothing has changed the streets are full of ferals not only should the perpertrators quite rightly get a life sentence their parents should also be brought to book they must have known their spawn had been on drink and drugs for years and done nothing about it, the poor teachers at schools bear the brunt of this culture we have developed.

7. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Walnut, i have a fundamental disagrement with no 1 as it is IMO an infringment of liberty and for me personlay would not have done anything other than to build up resentment.

As for 2and 3 ok in theory but the both are non reversible and mistakes do get made.

What I think we neecd are proper life sentences and along with a three strikes then 6 months jail type policy for minor disorder offences eg vandalism.

Couple this with a prison building policy and a dedicated drug investigation squad and we might start to solve the countrys problems

8. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    i agree with the three strikes then may be a six month jail term pro,the only thing is our prisons are letting out rapists and more serious offenders out early as they cant cope now. its a shame most of the judges hands are tied now as most judges would love to deal the youths a nasty card but are made to follow the letter of the land.maybe if we spent more on prisons and our own problems instead of re housing immigrants we may get a step nearer.but the youth now is shocking ... on the brighter side i did see a young kid being cheeky to his dad outside asda and for the first time in years i was shocked the father pulled down his pants and gave his a,,e a good smacking .i nearly offered to buy him a pint [​IMG] [​IMG] thats what this country is short off

9. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    A what point does the protection of liberty become the very reason it cannot be effectively exercised ?

10. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Walnut, I agree totally. [​IMG]

11. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Ill answer that with my own question :D

How would national service protect our liberty?

12. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Careful BM. That is a philosophical question. :D

13. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hell of a lot of :D :D :D about isn't there?

14. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Inter I agree, also makes me sick that as you say we are letting out rapists due to the cronic lack of prison space yet aparently the goverment have an endless purse to waste on nonsense like the olymics etc.

15. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    :D :D :D :D :D :D