How to get rid of the damn things..

Discussion in 'Roses' started by Sarah Giles, Feb 23, 2015.

1. rosebay

rosebay budding naturalistic gardener!

Full Time Person....OK, pensioner!
    Ratings:
    +1,162
    It might prove worth considering for future trespassing in my back garden. The other 2 target spots - the front garden and beside the front porch, involve people passing so the sensing movement facility would not work there.

Interestingly enough, I feel I am finally winning in preventing her ability to get into my back garden. (She is shrewd and has found many weak spots; she lives 2 houses away and gets to me via the poor sighted neighbour's garden inbetween us.....I even saw a sloping plank leaning onto my fence!) She has been climbing on to my shed roof but I hit on the idea of throwing marbles across it as a deterrent! Also she is again pregnant (5th child and counting) so will be out of action for a bit. Think of those who go on the Jeremy Kyle show and you will know the kind of person she is.

Anyone else would have had a nervous breakdown (going on 11 years now with antics averaging twice a week - usually trashing and milder vandalism). Fortunately I am spiritually focused, have a positive mindset and don't have a victim's mentality. Also, I am somewhat desensitised by now.

Sorry for the rant - like I say, it's a case of "don't get me started!" [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 3
      Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    • Adendoll

Adendoll Super Gardener

Homemaker
      Ratings:
      +1,308
      Gordon Bennett! You shouldn't have to live like this, no matter how strong minded you are! Hopefully she will need more room to accommodate her growing family and may have to move on ..... Taking the problem to another neighbourhood!
      As an aside are the kids ok being with her? She doesn't exactly sound of sound mind.

• rosebay

Ratings:
      +1,162
      Well the eldest child (who had the conscience to tell me it was her mum doing the trashing) has left home. Not sure how the others cope....she used to get some of the boys to do her trashing i.e. caught them in action! All have different fathers and the current father (from which she is pregnant) flits in and out. She does drugs and alcohol...hardly responsible. To be honest, I feel sorry for her. She was adopted and is bitter about her life...hence her low life kicks. I see it as a measure of my spirituality that I cannot find it in my heart to hate her. Indeed, I once sent her a card with the Socrates quote 'Those who are hardest to love need it the most.' Her reaction? She laughed like I was a doormat...she is too far gone.

She does live in a big council house so not sure how many rooms are in there. It is a constant fantasy of mind that she moves away.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
        Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
      • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
        Ratings:
        +92,090
        Probably best to just cut it off as near to ground level as you can, it will rot away in a year or two.

You could then just plants some low growing plants to grow over it.

That is if the "neighbour from hell" lets you.:smile:

• ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
        +100,838
        Optimist!!!:heehee:

• rosebay

Ratings:
        +1,162
        Yes, if I cannot succeed in loosening it, I will saw it off close to the ground. Already there are red valerian growing around it (as can be seen from the photo). I may place a large potted plant on the sawn off base (until the roots disintegrate enough to be lifted). I can't wait for a lovely plant to be fluorishing there.

• Like Like x 1