How/Why did you name that Critter !!

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by MoonLoon, Sep 17, 2006.

1. rudy

rudy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i have 6 cats- sushi,herbie,olly,lily,spike and casper. Previous pussies were mia(as in c'mere, meatball, oscar the grouch and up-the-duff-cat(who we took in preggers).
    The dogs are called Boss, mylo and balti(cuz shes curry coloured)

interestingly, my son called his rabbit johnny.

:D

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,156
    All lovely names, rudy, an I love your avatar!

3. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,477
    Hi Rudy perhaps we'll see some pics of them sometime. Our present cat Millie, is a rescue moggie we have had for three years but our previous one who lived to twenty was called Tikka. I made a joke at the time when we got her about having a kitten tikka to eat instead of a chicken tikka and we decided to call her that. Don't know of a cat called korma or vindaloo but no doubt someone has one. :D

4. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    This is one of my babies - Squidget. Her sister, Muffin is the best hunter in Cornwall and wouldn't pose for a piccie. They're rescue cats and my guess is they had a really bad time before they came to live with us. Took 3 months before they would come out from under the bed when we were around and Muffin has a serious dislike of men (as the milkman found out when he tried to stroke her!)
    [​IMG]
    Squidget is now quite laid back and less schizoid than Muffin but they both react badly whenever anything changes about the house

5. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot to say, the rescue centre named them and we didn't see the need to change them. I did want to call them Muppet and Minger but my boy so rightly pointed out that cats are neither muppets nor mingers, so their original names stayed. They now get called Muffty and Squitter - after a runny bum incident when I first gave them Whiskas!!

6. MoonLoon

MoonLoon Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    What a beautiful looking Squitter (lol) you have there Windy. StinkyTrollop still takes umbrage now and then when she is being stroked - and will only allow it when she is in the mood, of course her mood changes in a split second and from being a docile pile of fur changes into cat-demon-sharpest-claws-in-the-world cat [​IMG]

7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,156
    Love your Squidget, Windy. Lovely colours, a tortoishell.

We used to call our Skwij Skwijet ... same pronounciation, different spelling.

8. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Moonloon and LoL,
    to be honest, when I first saw them I thought they were kinda ugly :rolleyes: because I quite fancied a tabby but I couldn't imagine life without them now. Despite the dead animals left on the doorstep and the periodic coughing up of furballs :D

9. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    When i got our oldest dog at 3 months i was 6 months pregnant and a bit stressed out, so i just called him Dfordog.I thought when my son was born and old enough, he could name him himself but of course Brok sounds nothing like Dfordog and so the poor animal was lumbered.He`s now around 15 and deaf,so it makes no difference what we call him anymore. [​IMG]

10. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172