I am shaking with frustration (and a twist of anger mixed in too)!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by "M", Apr 30, 2015.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,475
    Good idea. :blue thumb:

Also, I would act pre-emptively. I would pop into your local police station or have a word with your local bobby about it. Tell them what actually happened and that you're concerned about his aggressive behaviour and that he may approach you again. Say that you don't want any action taken about his behaviour but that you are just letting them know in case he approaches you again. Take the name and number of the person you speak to. :grphg:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • merleworld

merleworld Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +4,087
      I agree with Shiney about the preemptive strike :) Make sure you tell them he intimidated you and if you see him again you can tell him you're already been to the police. That'll take the wind out of his overblown sails.

It's such a shame that morons like that blame everyone else for their own inadequacies. As for bullying women :wallbanging: He's probably got a small winkie so it makes him feel better :snork:

I used to have a blind dog who was friendly but reacted if a larger dog loomed over him. If I saw a larger dog I put Max on lead because etiquette states if you see a dog on lead, you put your own dog on a lead. Unfortunately a lot of people don't follow that train of thought so he'd get all sorts of dogs bouncing on him, invariably followed by "it's okay he only wants to play" or "he's not vicious" :gaah: Also had a german shepherd which was not dog friendly and the same thing happened, but if he reacted, then of course it was his fault because he was vicious.

I also just wish that people would learn to read their dog's body language but most people have no clue.

I'll get off my soap box now.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
        "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
        Ratings:
        +4,445
        That reminded me of a forgotten incident, 20 odd years ago I had a Lassie type collie bitch, I was asked to rehome a dog pup, he was beautiful, 1 hair was 12" long, a friend would walk the dogs for me with hers at lunch time, whilst I was at work, imagine 4 lge dogs and a cairn terrier, all perfectly behaved, they got to know the local beat bobby, he loved Ben, watched him grow up , and several times commented if it got too much he would have Ben in a moment.
        One day whilst walking the dogs she was approached by two men, a woman with 5 dogs remember, and they wanted money, she had none, one of them put his hand on her arm, Laddie the old dog barked and Ben appeared, she commented later she hadn`t realised he had that many teeth.
        He tore the sleeve of his coat out of his mouth and ran away, my friend being worried searched for and found the bobby, explained what happened, he couldn`t believe it was Ben who had protected her.
        She described the man, and the bobby knew him and went to his house, said I believe you have just been attacked by a dog, he could see his damaged coat hanging in the hall, he denied it and said he hadn`t been out of the house.
        That was all because the bobby knew the dog.

• Like Like x 1
        • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
          Ratings:
          +122,475
          You talking about me? :sad: :hate-shocked: :roflol:

• Funny Funny x 2
          • merleworld

merleworld Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +4,087
            I wouldn't know Shiney, but I wasn't referring to you, no :lolpt:

• Funny Funny x 2
            • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
              +5,125
              I wouldnt let it worry you. The guy obviously has "issues". Next time your out take your phone and video the guy if he gives you any hassle.

I have to keep my westie on a lead as he seems to be a magnet for other dogs to have a go at. Border terriers ,collies and black labs dont like him for some reason and as he doesnt obbey any commands what so ever he has to stay on a lead . The wee guy is Mr stubborn :doggieshmooze:

• Like Like x 1
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
                +31,885
                Ha! Wished I'd thought of that :heehee:

• LyndaG

LyndaG Super Gardener

Ratings:
                +1,390
                Hi @"M" I am so sorry to read this. As I have come to the thread late, I can't really add much more to that which has already been written above and I particularly endorse @Sian in Belgium post but all have given good advice. I am the owner of a large (and very stupid!) dog and he is walked on a huge field with all types of dogs and owners. Some are really lovely, despite me only knowing them as "Molly's mum" "wrinkles mum" etc. and some are truly awful. One of the things I do is carry a very small video camera, around my neck, it's tiny, but just I case anything occurs I will have a record of it as dog on dog is a civil matter, dog on human isn't. (I know this sounds extreme and I can't even bear to revisit why I do this tbh) but it gives me extra security when I'm out, otherwise it's your word against theirs. I just leave it with my dog walking stuff and put it on as we go out. Mine was 11 dollars off a website in China. If you would like one I would be happy to order one for you (takes around 3 weeks to get here) in fact I would happily gift you one if it would give you peace of mind. I know how upsetting this type of incident is and I'm thinking of you. Relax now, if you can x x x

• Friendly Friendly x 3
                • LyndaG

LyndaG Super Gardener

Ratings:
                  +1,390
                  Oops! As I was typing some body beat me to it re the video issue - apologies!

• Friendly Friendly x 1