I think I have been silly :(

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by NorthantsGeezer, Jun 14, 2014.

1. NorthantsGeezer

NorthantsGeezer Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,621
  2. **Yvonne**

**Yvonne** Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,347
  3. NorthantsGeezer

Ratings:
    +2,621
    Ahhh I see, so that checks 'all' raffles?? I thought it just checked that weeks raffle.
    But if that is the case, ermmm, I am getting confuddled :(

4. Gillykat

Gillykat Gardener

Shop assistant
    Ratings:
    +40
    I work in a newsagents and we sell lottery tickets and the machine DOES play a little 'tune' now if a ticket or scratch card is a winner...has done since early October 2013 if I remember rightly. With lottery tickets the machine also prints out a little slip which has the amount won on it and we are supposed to give those to the customer as proof of how much they won....just so we cannot tell them they've won £25 for three numbers and scarper with the other umpteen thousands :nonofinger: And if the shop staff bought their own tickets and won a few thousand or the jackpot then Camelot would do their security checks even stricter than if it was won by a member of the public....or so a Camelot rep told me a few months ago. It's all because, in the past, a few shop staff lied to customers about how much they had won....including the guy who diddled an old lady out of her £1 million winnings :nonofinger: When Camelot did their usual checks that's when they found out and the money was returned to the lady and the shop worker was, quite rightly, jailed!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • NorthantsGeezer

Ratings:
      +2,621
      Yeah, I saw a programme just after it happened, and some American (I think), had lied to someone about their winnings, and scarpered with his money.
      I think it was millions. I believe he got some back after they froze the shop assistants accounts, but not all of it. Naughty!!!

• NorthantsGeezer

Ratings:
      +2,621
      Yay, it looks like the lottery website has been updated to make it much clearer and easier to check the raffle numbers from previous draws :)
      Maybe one of their staff is on GC :snork:

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Yep, that was me :biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 2