Ideas Please - Upcoming project

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Jungle Jane, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    I had a look on the Calor Gas website - it doesn't seem to have changed, but maybe I missed something?

For new bottles a £39.99 cylinder refill agreement is needed

When buying a gas bottle from us for the first time, you’ll be subject to a cylinder refill agreement charge of £39.99 and if you do not have a gas bottle to exchange, this cost will be automatically added to your order when you checkout, for every bottle you purchase without an empty counterpart to exchange. This is because, although you’re buying the gas from us, the steel bottle itself remains our property for the duration of its use.

This means, that the first time you purchase a gas bottle, you will be subject to this charge but when your gas bottle in empty, you can exchange your empty gas bottle for a full bottle within the same group (see gas bottle exchange policy), at just the cost of the gas and you will not have to pay for a cylinder refill agreement again.

If however, if your gas bottle is empty and you no longer require gas and do not want to make an exchange for a full bottle, you can return the gas bottle to us and we will refund the cost of the cylinder refill agreement to you on a sliding scale, based on the length of time the bottle has been in your possession

Sounds to me as though if you want to return a gas bottle you have to have the original agreement (no idea where mine is!) and the amount you get back is on a sliding scale, so after X years that will presumably be close to nothing.

Thus if you want to cut one open it seems you are free to do so (but you would give up any right to return the bottle for a refund of course)

Maybe there is some other wrinkle to it though?

2. MysticalGandy

MysticalGandy Apprentice Gardener

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +7
    Absolutely love it!! I used to work for a fire extinguisher company in Derby, any old fire extinguishers were sold to a local guy who used to make stuff out of them, robots, planters metal pigs even but never seen a BBQ or chimnea before :)