If I suddenly dissapear...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Phil A, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Axie-Ali

Axie-Ali Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    We are with virgin and get cut off almost every month!!! but thats because we are poor and struggling with hubbys intermittent work at the moment (He's juist set up as an independant driving instructor), but, to virgins credit, as soon as we pay the bill we are reconnected within 24hrs, and whilst its running we dont seem to get any break in service.....unlike pipex, who we used to be with, they were dreadfull, the internet kept dropping off regularly.

2. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Oh dear.. I was totally lost after the forth post:dh:
    I`m with orange with full no limits package and going to stay that way, thankyou.
    As someone said.. If it ain`t broke, dont fix it.

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    I am with Virgin ,occasionial problem,nothing Major as yet(wish I had,nt said that now):hehe:have 50mb Broadband:)

4. Alice

Alice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +81
    Hi Ziggy. I saw your post about BT Unlimited broadband not being unlimited and the bill you got.
    I saw something about that on Watchdog the other night and think the verdict was they should have warned the user that he was about to go over their fair use limit and his bill got scrapped.
    It could be worth challenging the bill on those terms.
    Good luck.

5. andrewh

andrewh Gardener

Ratings:
    +45
    I'm BT. Fine up until a few weeks ago, when I suddenly couldn't watch Gardeners World etc on the Iplayer any more.

Turns out my "up to 20MB" broadband is running at around 0.3MB. A dozen calls and an engineer visit, and it's still not fixed. Grrr.

I've also been caught out by exceeding the limit on the "unlimited" broadband. They really ought to make it much clearer.

6. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats usefull Alice, like I said, no warning, no mention that its limited & not even any detail about how they arrived at the total.

Have told BT I'm not going to do anymore business with them, they threatened me with loads more charges & I said see you in court.

Now with Virgin Media, £35 a month for their unlimited & they said the internet will just stop if we go over. They wont just plunder my account like bt have done.

7. HBK

HBK Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    If you've written to complain to them then make sure you don't back down until you've won. I've written complaints over the slightest things and have won. Recently I wrote to British Gas complaining that I refused to pay the bill because I had only agreed to pay 3 months at a time, that was the contract and I would pay no more. My letter was strongly worded and they phoned me up, I still didn't back down even though in all fairness I had used that much electric and should have paid it. In the end they admitted fault, or as I put it "why should I pay for more than I'm contracted because of the ineptitude of your system?". They gave me 12 months free electricity for the trouble. Point is, if you feel you're right then keep pushing until you win.

As for any internet packages, make sure you read the fine print. Unlimited doesn't actually mean unlimited, as you found out with BT. Unlimited can mean something small like no restrictions on when you use it but they might still restrict how much you download.