Inconsiderate neighbours

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by pip, May 4, 2007.

1. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    Don`t know who called them or for what reason. I`m sure that a couple of neighbourly enquiries will shed some light.

I am seriously considering selling up and moving on. The top and bottom of it is that we have lived in this house for 18 years,16 of which we had elderly people either side of us. The old ones have now gone and we have a tribe on one side and a single bloke on the other, he is no real problem but he does like to sit and chat to his mates until 4am now and then,the walls are paper thin and the noise can be clearly heard in our bedroom.
    We have been lucky for many years and with the housing market as it is,I can`t see it being any different with new neighbours because terraced houses are all the young ones can afford.There is also a lot of buy to let going on around here,another reason to move on perhaps?

2. tiggs&oscar

tiggs&oscar Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh gosh, you are in quite a similar situation to me.
    I'm semi rural but still at the mercy of neighbours although as I've said my end of the tether speech a few weeks ago seems to have worked.
    I think they must have shifted their washing machine recently though as my ceiling fan in my lounge now vibrates on their spin cycle! Believe it or not I can live with that but if I am lucky enough to move soon I think I shall have to pay them to be out everytime this place is being shown to a potential buyer.

TO

3. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    I also would give the tribe some incentive to tidy their yard,take down the trampoline and go out when I show potential buyers around.
    The guy next door,as I said,not a problem its not his fault the houses are built like they are and it would be unreasonable of me to ask him to be quiet(although I wouldn`t hesitate to go round if it became a nightly occurence)after all he does turn his tv and music right down after 10pm,so he is considerate.

4. leonora

leonora Gardener

Retired (translator)
    Ratings:
    +29
    Thanks, sorry I didn't reply before, but so far I've been very lucky....obviously the Council don't house 'difficult' tenants in this block of flats. In fact I got the flat after the previous tenant was moved to social housing.....
    this morning I moved the mini-apple tree to another pot, and planted a mini-pear tree! [​IMG]

5. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    Good for you leonora [​IMG] hope your trees do well and you have a stressfree time in your new place,couple of tree pics possibly [​IMG]

6. tiggs&oscar

tiggs&oscar Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hostile relations resumed.

The pup was off the lead again whilst I was in my bedroom with the window open. The pup jumped up onto my patio and bench trying to get in the window again. No apologies from the owner, just a few swear words at me when I said he had his last warning.
    It's hard to describe how much I despise these neighbours and how I would love to take those dogs to a proper home where they had exercise and attention.
    I am thoroughly fed up but why should I feel I have to move because of ignorant, anti social gutter life?
    TO

7. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    Sorry to here that Tiggs&oscar :( these people should not be allowed to integrate with decent respectful people,they should all be housed next to each other to see how they like it [​IMG] .
    As Pete wrote on a previous page "These people are becoming the norm" but this does not mean we should to put up with it. My wife and I are seriously considering selling up and getting away from,as you say,antisocial gutter life.
    As regards the dogs,have you spoken to the RSPCA about them?

Going back to my issue,I appreciate that children have to play but these are not`normal` kids, they are foul mouthed,disrespectful gob****es who are being dragged up and I am looking to reclaim my garden privacy by purchasing a mosquito sound deterrent audible only to under 25`s,apparently.

[ 22. May 2007, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: pip ]

8. leonora

leonora Gardener

Retired (translator)
    Ratings:
    +29
    I'll send some pics when I have worked out how to upload them....very proud of my trees, actually! [​IMG]

9. tiggs&oscar

tiggs&oscar Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    That's the problem Pip, the dogs are lovely just not getting the proper care from the owners. I have to admit I don't care much for children but the reason I believe they behave in the way you describe is down to their parents.
    There is such a depressing attitude around today, courtesy, manners, a sense of decency, it's all gone! I'm not scared to stand up for myself - I have to as I live alone - but it is futile when dealing with the kind of people you and I describe.
    Then look at the images the media presents. Kate Moss is "an icon" with her drugs and drinking, Big Brother TV and the last issue of OK had a front picture of Kerry Katona with her three kids and the quote "I won't let the social take my kids"!
    I mean, where do you go now to live with normal, decent people as neighbours, anyone know of direct flights to Utopia?

TO

10. anthea

anthea Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone. At last a break [​IMG] neighbour from hell has put up a for sale sign [​IMG] Thankyou God :D Will let you know what happens next [​IMG]

11. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    Hi tiggs&oscar [​IMG] am I right in thinking that the youth (18-25) of today are the fruit of the governments policies on corporal punishment,or rather the lack of,in schools? Lack of discipline in the classroom means that these kids have grown up with no respect and a `you cant touch us` attidude.They now have kids of their own from pushchair age up to the age of ten.This second generation can`t be touched at school,in the home and most worryingly the police can`t touch them either. What hope do we have when these lot produce generation three???
    utopia,I`ll have a one way ticket please [​IMG]

Hi everyone. At last a break neighbour from hell has put up a for sale sign Thankyou God Will let you know what happens next

Excellent news anthea [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Be sure to keep us posted [​IMG] .

[ 23. May 2007, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: pip ]

12. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Think we're already in that 3rd generation, Pip - it started a bit earlier than you might think, probably in the 60s...... kids going through school then are grandparents now, some even great grandparents! :eek:

Am I biased? Maybe.... I used to be a teacher, left because of the behaviour of the pupils, and even more so, because of the way their parents always backed them up, not the teacher, as in my day.

13. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    It really is a sorry state of affairs isn`t it.
    I am a bloke of 39 years and even I am wary of the youth of today not only for what they might do to me but what they might accuse me of doing to them!

The cane was starting to be phased out when I was leaving school in 1984. I seem to remember it was the same people who were up before the headmaster time and time again.The cane was a deterrent for the vast majority of people but for some it was a weekly ritual which they didn`t seem to bother about, no doubt they turned into the thugs of today.

[ 23. May 2007, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: pip ]

14. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    [dinosaur mode on] My Grandfather was a prison warder up to the mid 1920s, as he was a big lad, he administered the birch, he claimed no-one came back for seconds, must be a moral there somewhere.
    Spare the rod and spoil the child used to be accepted, OK some parents might have taken it a bit far but if behaviour and respect are anything to go by it worked for the most part.
    Detentions never frightened anybody, except that their father might reinforce it with the slipper/belt.
    "Apply sanctions?" oh no daddy don't take my telly away for an hour!! <rubbish> (substitute with whichever expletive suits) [/dinosaur mode off]

Cheers MIKE

15. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    Absolutely spot on Dorsetmike!