ITS Raining..!!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by wildflower, Jul 20, 2006.

1. lazy-gardener

lazy-gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    I live in solighull in the west mids and dont think we have had rain yet. My nice new deck looked slightly damp this morning but my washing on the line was dry so maybe it was just dew. There was a lot of thunder last night but no water! Temp here at the mo has dropped a bit but no rain so far. Considering my garden is clay i am suprised at how well its coping. The soil and plants all seem ok and i havent watered the garden itself that often. The grass is practically non existant though. The odd green patch but mainly completely dead with no grass at all.

2. Whoops-a-Daisy

Whoops-a-Daisy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in Lincolnshire and we had some rain last night but it hasn't done a lot of good its bone dry again now and like everyone else, what I used to call a lawn, is in dire need of some water.

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Hi LoL

Fortunately the rape doesn't affect us but the smell isn't very pleasant.

--------------
    shiney

4. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    its going cloudy here again well i can hope for more rain..tonight we desperately need it..

5. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    WE HAVE JUST HAD EXACTLY 20 MINUTES OF RAIN IT WAS WONDERFULL..I WAS SLEEPING DOWNSTAIRS AS ITS TOO HOT UPSTAIRS AND COULD HEAR RAIN THOUGHT I WAS DREAMING..BUT ITS CLEARED THE AIR A BIT..I HEARD WE WERE HAVING STORMS TODAY PLEASE BRING THEM ON AS HEAVY AS POSSIBLE...!1WILL HAVE TO GO AND HAVE ANOTHER FIDDLE ON THE MET OFFICE SITE..

6. Stingo

Stingo Gardener

Ratings:
    +21
    Same here wildflower, I wasn't awake for it but when i did wake it felt lovely and fresh and everything looks a bit wet.

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    no rain here these past couple of days we have had glorius weather, looks like another great day today the sun is shining and it is warm [​IMG]

8. Stingo

Stingo Gardener

Ratings:
    +21
    But don't you want a bit of rain rosa?

9. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    No rain here since 6th July. Thermometer hitting 30+ every day. Living up to my birth sign of Aquarius the Water Carrier ;)

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    We too had heavy rain this morning before 5am.Our 2 cats decide to jump all over us with wet fur
    The sun is now out and it is hot already and the day hasn't started yet.

Got a funeral to attend today,so we shall all get heatsroke if we are in it too long.

No joke for the pensioners

Kandy

11. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    have just heard on the local radio we are due some hailstones the size of cricket balls later..they have got to be having a laugh..i dont fancy the sound of them squashing my plants..its boiling again here now allready that rain was very minimal..suppose it laid the dust..buxtons mineral water lorry broke down outside my place earlyier..I was very tempted... :rolleyes:

12. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Horbeam: Water carrier!, now we are in the age of Aquarious, perhaps that accounts for the weather then? :D :D

wildflower: I bet you were! :D :D

13. Fee

Fee Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    We had torrential rain at 2.30am this morning, along with some very impressive lighting and loads of rumbling thunder. I haven't seen rain like it for a long time, it woke me up and even set off my car alarm. The air is a bit clearer today from it, and the grass looks happy, a bit greener than yesterday. Haven't inspected my pots yet, shouldn't have bothered watering them last night!

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    stingo, dont want rain at the moment we have had enough bad weather on the coast, makes a lovely change having a few good days here. [​IMG]

15. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    so hornbeam is ruled by uranus ..the original sky god who was the son and husband of gaia the earth...so come on hornbeam send us some rain..!!!