ITS Raining..!!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by wildflower, Jul 20, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,454
    Please, someone let me know when I can stop dancing!!!!!!!!! Or can someone teach me the correct rain dance. It's even hotter today and, as Hornbeam says, hasn't rained for as long as I can remember. I've only got a short term memory!!
    ---------------
    shiney

2. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Their is talk of rain on its way !!!They like talking...

3. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Distant rumble of thunder sounded promising [​IMG] Met office radar thingy showed downpours overhead at 3.30pm :D Reality - nothing happened - not a hint of splosh :(

4. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Think it must have gone round the back of your house hornbeam..i have just looked on the met chart and all the rain seems to be in the east..its gone a bit cloudy here so one can hope..another night on the sofa for me..as its boiling hot..and humid with it.. :mad:

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    There is also talk of thunder here looks quite nice and a very sticky evening we are having here quite humid. when i went shopping at lunch time the weather was like being abroad could not believe it. [​IMG]

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,454
    It came down the road to us about 4.00 p.m. Hornbeam - must have lasted at least 5 minutes and it almost got the ground damp.
    ------------------
    shiney

7. Beefy

Beefy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It was so warm at work today that the surveyors that are in the school,had to stop because the tripod that the instrument sits on kept sinking into the tar in the carpark.So when its off balance it dosent work,they got fed up and called it a day at 13:30.

8. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,075
    I got 35C in the shade again this afternoon, there was some heavy rain on the radar to the south but it seemed to go eastwards along the channel.

9. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    34C in the shade here. Massive cracks in the lawn 2 inches wide and zig-zagging like crazy paving

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,454
    This is beginning to sound like the 'Four Yorkshiremen' sketches - if you're able to remember them. They always tried to go one step better than each other.

It's so hot in our garden that the thermometer has gone on strike and the cracks in our lawn are so big that we have to lay planks across them to get to the flower beds.
    ---------------
    shiney

11. Rich

Rich Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, up the Channel, we got enough to make weeds think about germinating and no more.

12. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know if any of you have heard anything about weather conditions but on my local radio they said that august is going to be even hotter !!I think i will have to go outside gardening early in the morning..as its far to hot during the day...yet again we have rain forcast for today..!!isnt it amazing how the weeds still look fresh and green..yet the other plants look withered..Thats it we shall all have to grow weeds.. [​IMG]

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,454
    Hi wildflower
    If your radio says it is going to get even hotter then I suggest you get another radio - that one might have a better forecast.

I've been doing most of my gardening between 5.30 and 7.00 a.m. It's nice and cool at that time.

--------------
    shiney

14. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    shiney ..i too will have to go outside at that time as i have lots to dead head and remove and its all just piling up...Have just heard again on the news about extreme weather for august hotter than july..it doesnt bare thinking about,,i spent all last night asking if we could move to the sea side ..as their is air their..not traffic fumes and dust..its gone a bit cloudy here will go and look on the met office and do my dance in anticipation.. [​IMG]

15. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Wildflower, my husband also heard on the radio this morning that it's going to be hotter in August - I do hope not. :(
    We had a storm most of yesterday evening but it doesn't seem to have cooled down much.

[​IMG]