Kodak V1253 Charge

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by rosa, Mar 12, 2008.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    DaveW just had a look at those batteries, is it wise to put other than kodak batteries in this camera, great price mind, they always say you should use their batteries for the digis.

2. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Most camera producers will say you should always use their own batteries and/or their own memory cards as they want your money. They also charge over the odds.
    I bought a second battery for our little Nikon at about half the price of an 'official' Nikon battery and it performs just as well as the original Nikon battery that came with he camera.
    I've also replaced mobile phone batteries with non OEM batteries which have worked just as well as the 'official' ones.
    I doubt if Kodak actually make their own batteries - they will probably just stamp on 'Kodak' and hike the price!

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thats sold me DaveW will order one of them for this camera, funnily enough the picture card i bought from pc world isnt kodak and it works fine.
    thanks ever so much for your help

4. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Pleased if I've been able to help, Linda. I hate seeing folk ripped off.
    (PC World isn't the best or cheapest place to buy memory cards).

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi DaveW sure my card is a 4 gb one it holds over 1000 pics it was �£35, dont know whether thats expensive as i paid �£80 for my sony picture card and it certainly doesnt hold anywere near that lucky iff i get 300.
    you have been a great help and thanks once again