1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

LATEST MOAN FROM YOU AND ME 2018

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ARMANDII, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
    Ratings:
    +31,870
    Went for a walk yesterday afternoon, as always, to see an old shetland pony (40 years old) and give it some food (ok by owner) well, we were being watch by 2 persons on a quad bike in the next field :th scifD36: we walked back home and they followed, drove past us slowly then 100 yards down the road they stoped and made phone calls, we walked past them and they were dogging us up, when we pased them they turned around and went back to the fields/woods where they came from :scratch::th scifD36:
    They thought we was Hunt Sabs, :snorky: :rasp:

Well, you can't go for a nice walk now in your local area :sad:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Well to say it's just passed its MOT again since we've had it..that's not bad :)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +31,885
        :oops:

:heehee:

• Funny Funny x 6
        • Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Hi @"M" we all have our own phrases in life :roflol:

• Agree Agree x 2
          • Funny Funny x 2
          • Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
            Ratings:
            +4,411
            Nothing wrong with an old car as long as it goes.

My last three cars were new, all Hondas, I've kept each for progressively longer periods, as my annual mileage went down. The first for three years, a red LSI (we called "Gloria" because the first three letters of the reg. were GLO). Then there was "Bruce" a CRV (because he was spruce green) he was with us for seven years. We've now got "Rhonda the Honda" another CRV and she'll be thirteen in April. It's the oldest car I've ever had. With 52,000 miles on the clock, it sails through its MOT. It's only cost me servicing, tyres and a rear diff damper at two hundred quid and a set of brake pads last year. Apart from a couple of small "door dings," courtesy of Sainsbury's car park, it's immaculate. Everything works on it, ABS, cruise control, the lot.
            No point in changing it as I'd get nothing for it. As we do only around 3000 odd miles each year, it'll last for a long time yet. I guess, considering the mileage I do, servicing it each year is probably a bit of over-kill, but I'm happy to have it done.

• Like Like x 2
            • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
              +0
              Hello @Doghouse Riley 52 on the clock is great and if you keep on top of them they'll go for ever...the cars are my hubbies pride and joy he's always messing with them and I think a lot of these older cars carry more character inside than the new ones. :)

• Like Like x 1
              • Doghouse Riley

"Pleasantly unemployed."
                Ratings:
                +4,411
                What made me smile, was the fact that the guy who delivers my wife's purchases from a shopping channel, admired our car so much, he went and bought a second hand one in exactly the same colour. I saw it when I once opened the door to him. I asked him what he thought about it. He told me he thought it was great and it ran perfectly.

"How many miles on the clock?"

He replied, "110,000."

• Like Like x 2
                • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
                  +0
                  Just goes to show @Doghouse Riley that these older cars are the features :dbgrtmb:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
                    Ratings:
                    +6,543
                    3C1A0894-74F9-4CA2-97A0-2D19F9F2F47F.jpeg Just a quick update on how the car repairs are going...:smile:

Had a couple of text messages from the company doing the repairs to the mini and was told the car is due to be returned to us on Monday of next week as they are waiting for a part to come in.Mr Kandy had to ring the number in the text to ring them for an update of progress so far:smile:

It appears that when the pheasant hit the front of the car it broke off one of the tabs on the front bumper so that has had to be replaced.The grill was damaged in three parts so that is going to be renewed and also the intercooler which is behind the grill was also damaged so they are replacing that as well.So all in all despite Mr Kandy having to pay £50 excess in would have cost him a lot more he reckons if he had got the parts off of e-bay plus he would have had a bit of bother trying to actually replace the intercooler he thinks as we haven’t got the garage facilities to get the car high enough to replace that part.:sad:

Looking forward to getting Katie back as this hire car is only a 1.0 and hasn’t quiet got the power our car has plus it is white and is showing all the dirt on my side from muddy roads:snorky:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
                      +100,836
                      I think the problem will come, Kandy, when your next annual quote arrives from your Insurance Company, as I'm pretty sure that, unless you're paying an extra premium for your No Claims Discount to be protected, the quote will be a lot higher because you've claimed from them.:wallbanging::dunno:

• Agree Agree x 4
                      • Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • Doghouse Riley

"Pleasantly unemployed."
                        Ratings:
                        +4,411
                        It's OK having a protected no-claims bonus, as have I, but that's only a discount off whatever they want to charge you next time. They never lose out do they?

• Agree Agree x 2
                        • Informative Informative x 1
                        • silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
                          +8,083
                          Unfortunately I fear @ARMANDII is quite right. I was told some years ago now to never claim on your insurance unless there is really big damage as you are likely to pay through the nose for years to come if you claim. I was even told that you might see you premiums rise for just enquiring about making a possible claim!
                          I detest insurance companies with a passion having been unfortunate enough to have to deal extensively for nearly 3 years with 2 different companies post our house being devastated by a flood. All insurance companies appear pretty similar (that said,found NFU slightly better than others), all smiles and polite getting your business but god help you if you need to make a claim. There used to be a TV advertisement by 1 of the big insurance companies which proudly boasted "don't make a drama out of a crisis". Guess what they did exactly that after we needed to make a claim:).
                          I hope @Kandy you won't be penalised too much in the future. Husband hit a pheasant about 3 months ago and it caused a bit of cosmetic damage to the bodywork of his car but decided to just pay for the repair rather than making a claim. It shouldn't be like like this but it is, not helped by those who choose to make fraudulent claims that we all end up paying for.

• Agree Agree x 5
                          • Informative Informative x 2
                          • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
                            +100,836
                            Paying that extra premium does protect the present No Claims Discount but is limited to a small number of claims, so it's a personal choice on if you think it's a necessary "evil". But you're right, Riley, that come the next annual quote the Insurance Company will automatically quote a higher premium as they always do.:dunno::wallbanging::coffee::snorky:

• Informative Informative x 3
                            • Like Like x 1
                            • Doghouse Riley

"Pleasantly unemployed."
                              Ratings:
                              +4,411
                              I'm with LV. 79.5% guaranteed no claims bonus, (you can have multiple claims but your discount will stay at the same rate). £10,000 personal accident cover, Windscreen cover, Legal expenses cover, Breakdown cover and home assist.
                              But no insurance company will tell you what your basic premium will be next time until near the renewal date if you have an accident.
                              Someone dinged the rear quarter panel of my car a year ago. I got a local garage to repair it and paid for it myself. It cost £400. You can't tell it has been repaired. If I took it to the main agent they would have charged far more.

• Like Like x 4
                              • Informative Informative x 1
                              • martin-f

martin-f Plant Hardiness Zone 8b

Ratings:
                                +10,302
                                I run over a rock Sunday that i put on the grass to stop people driving on it :lunapic 130165696578242 5::wallbanging:

Ive cracked the rear bumper, ive just took it on the chin and swore at myself a bit :mute:

• Funny Funny x 7
                                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                                Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.