1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

LATEST MOAN FROM YOU AND ME 2018

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ARMANDII, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +21,704
    So my gripe with HTC reached a fit of pique today. Short version - the battery went on my phone and I needed it replacing. Simple I thought, ask how much and get it fixed...
    Sorry no, we can't tell you the cost...
    ??!
    We dont have access to the information.
    ??@#!!

So HTC in their imbecilic wisdom have a customer service that cannot hope to provide said customer service. You have to send your phone in, they 'diagnose' and send out a quote which could be hundreds of pounds. If you dont want to pay then they charge you £27 to return the broken phone.
    Naturally I wasn't keen on that version so pestered and bothered until I got the answer - about £36 for a new battery. Fine with me and off I sent the phone. Whereupon it got acknowledged and disappeared into a black hole! Noone can tell me where the phone is or what's happening to it as each dept cant speak to another. The HTC repair system just says 'in repair' nothing else. But all of a sudden I get a quote for £60 which is labour charges plus said £36 plus tax and postage. Still fine with me and I pay... which prompts a rejection from HTC, a message saying 'Quotation could not be rejected because its not in issued staus' WTF does that even mean?! The phone once again disappears an noone can give me a straight answer for several weeks. I found a number today and called the poor call centre operative and got a touch shirty (later made clear it was HTC not her I was grumpy with). It turns out, as she's friendly (erm?) with the repairs centre she found out it was awaiting parts and apologised for a pathetic system etc. I wanted a full refund plus repaired phone and lo and behold I've been promised just that! First time ever apparently... All my comments were also passed on to her manager (which I doubt) for consideration

So I might get my phone back (might not) and I'll see if anything changes. Never buying HTC again though, thats for sure!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Vince

Vince Not so well known for it.

Retired
      Ratings:
      +3,499
      mobile phones are fast becoming the biggest blame for neck injuries, pedestrian fatalities and annoyance to those who are continually being "bumped" into by the headless chickens using them!

Yes, I have a mobile phone on which I can make phone calls or send texts, that's about it!

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
        Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
      • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
        Ratings:
        +118,361
        I don't have any problem with my mobile phone. :blue thumb: I don't turn it on. :noidea: :snorky:

• Like Like x 1
        • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
          +100,836
          I'm reasonably happy with the energy company I have used for 3 years but, (there's always a but isn't there):doh:, over the last two years I haven't been able to get into my account to submit meter readings so I got in to touch with the company who said they would contact the appropriate department to sort it out..........two months went by and nothing:wallbanging:. So I contacted them again and got a similar response but this time an assurance I would get a reply.............nothing happened, so I left it. During the next two years every time I submitted a meter reading on the free phone number I reminded the company about not being able to log in to the account. Each time I got a message back saying they'd reset the password and it would work.........and each time it didn't. So, being a stubborn old cuss, I tried again a couple of weeks ago and yesterday got an e-mail from the company saying they'd sorted it out, tested everything and that I would now, most certainly, be able to log in to the account using the new tested password. Oh, Joy!!!:yes::hapfeet::hapydancsmil:

So I immediately tried to log into my account and failed, the reason stated on the log in page was that passwords must be from 6 to 50 letters/numbers,symbols. Unfortunately, the password they had sent me was only 4 letters/numbers/symbols long.:dunno::whistle::doh::gaah: I had other things to do today so I'll ring the energy company tomorrow and try again.
          :wallbanging::snorky::coffee:

• Informative Informative x 2
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Useful Useful x 1
          • Loofah

Ratings:
            +21,704
            Probably the best idea!

Not the phone I have an issue with per se, its the customer service. It's simply awful with barely any way to contact the business and none at all to contact the service area.

• Like Like x 2
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • shiney

Ratings:
              +118,361
              I've never heard of HTC :dunno: but I'll remember them now.

• Loofah

Ratings:
              +21,704
              Brilliant phones (mostly) but when they fail it's better, it seems, to simply bin them. Not worth the agro! I'll never have another

• Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
                At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
                Ratings:
                +49,509
                HTC used to be excellent phones but their customer service was pretty dire - thankfully it was rarely needed as the phones were so good. Now, their phones match their service - avoid at all costs!

• Informative Informative x 2
                • Like Like x 1
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Fat Controller

Public Transport
                  Ratings:
                  +49,509
                  @ARMANDII - switch suppliers, away from the big boys too, and you will likely save a few quid

• ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
                  +100,836
                  Hi FC, I've been with these particular energy suppliers for the last two years for one reason......they're the cheapest.:love30::thumbsup::snorky: I check at the end of every contract to compare which are the cheapest..........long gone are the times when I stayed with a company without checking which company has the cheapest tariff. This company has now agreed to e-mail me with my bill details every three months without charge.

• Like Like x 3
                  • Fat Controller

Public Transport
                    Ratings:
                    +49,509
                    Oh, on the back of @Loofah needing phone repairs, if anyone does need a phone repairing (out of warranty of course), DO NOT send it to the manufacturer as it will cost arms and legs, and in most cases you will get a different phone back instead of your own handset.

I would highly recommend Quick Mobile Fix - Quick Mobile Fix - Mobile Phone Repairs & Refurbished Phones

• shiney

Ratings:
                    +118,361
                    My gas/electric supplier assured me they had offered me their best deal until I told them I'm leaving them. Then they dropped the price. :heehee: We are quite a high user of their services so they decided it was worth it. ;)

With our internet supplier I was offered their 'best' rate at £18 per month but got them down to £10 per month - then locked it in for two years. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
                    • Loofah

Ratings:
                      +21,704
                      I'll hopefully remember that link...

I did finally get the phone back and it was indeed repaired... in Poland! Not the service centre the farm it out to in Herts but another country altogether. It looks to have been a good repair and the battery (reason for sending it back) now gives a couple of days use so happy with that and it means I don't have to buy a new handset at many hundreds of pounds. Cost of repair was £60.

I never got the refund (no shock there) and I never got contact details of anyone so I'll just send some kindly words to the CEO with a copy of the HTC twitter messages :)

• Like Like x 4
                      • Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
                        Ratings:
                        +30,610
                        Okay, this is a gripe but I feel as though I have been handed a basket of posies.

My terrible neighbour, the one who mows his weeds (not much grass left) once a couple of months, who uses super scented clothes dryer additives, etc Everyone calls them the hillybillys. Well, I heard their rottweiler/shepherd, untrained dog, which has never seen a vet, that had attacked toddlers previously, and now was barking out back. Then a terrible skunky smell penetrated my not so efficient seals on my garden doors.

Schadenfreude. .. bad Lori..... however, my kitchen will possibly stink for a few days.

Moan and smile..... :)

• Funny Funny x 4
                        • Friendly Friendly x 1
                          Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
                        • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
                          Ratings:
                          +31,859
                          Well we went food shopping this morning and seen a staff member filling the top shelf, nowt wrong in that, but the staff member was using the tined food on the shelf below as a step to get to the higher shelf, i wonder what is on the bottom of they're boot, did they walk in some dog poo on there way to work! may be time to wash your tins before you open them ;) as the person boot would have been in contact with the edge/lip of the can

• Agree Agree x 3
                          • Like Like x 1
                          Thread Status:
                          Not open for further replies.