Latest praise from me and you ...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by "M", Feb 26, 2014.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
  2. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    Well, I'm in praise of our local council (for once :heehee: ) Outside work yesterday, a portly lady took a rather heavy tumble on a wonky piece of paving and landed in the road. We took her in, let her sit down until she got over the shock of it all(and the embarrassment - no dignity when you go A over T is there) and took a look at her clearly bruised/grazed and swelling knee. Two PCSO's must have seen it because they turned up within a few seconds, made some interesting noises and didn't really do a lot. I suggested they alert the council to the wonky paving. They made a few more noises in the direction of the women and then off they went.

Must have taken an hour before the Manager had a moment to try and locate who to call about the paving, but she ended up delegating the task to me.

I spent a good 40 minutes just listening to messages telling me their 'office hours' before then telling me to call another number - very frustrating!

Then, I get ... [​IMG] ... a h.u.m.a.n voice!! :dancy: Very pleasant person, (gorgeous accent :wub2: ), zoomed in on CCTV and I called the manager to go out and jump up and down next to the wonky paving so he could see her and the exact location - made me chuckle! - when it came to giving *my* details, I only got as far as my surname ... turns out, I know him and he knows Mr "M" and I :pathd: I did mention that I'd recommended the PCSO's inform them, but, he admitted no one else had called it in. Finished the conversation just in time for the shop to close at 1630hrs. Stayed a little just to finish up what I'd been doing then waved cheerio to my Manager at about 1700hrs.

Manager calls me, 15 minutes later: the paving was now repaired! They arrived as I'd left :yay:

So, 45 minutes between putting the phone down and the paving being repaired!!! Top job :blue thumb:

And not bad for my own reputation either, because my Manager now thinks it is all down to me :heehee: :lunapic 130165696578242 5:

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
      Ratings:
      +32,985
      Miss Jiff just had a phone call, Things are going right for a change and now even better :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
      So if you had bad things that have happen to you, things can turn around :dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy::dancy:

• Like Like x 3
      • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +31,885
        Sounds fantastic, @Jiffy :yay: Long may it continue for you both

• Agree Agree x 2
        • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
          Ratings:
          +32,985
          Thank you "M" I hope so, it's just nice not to be looking over our shouders every five minutes

• Friendly Friendly x 1
          • silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
            +8,083
            Really nice day as a huge box of plants from another GC member arrived today. I hope my box to her has arrived too. Loads of new things to look forward to and didn't cost anything other than a bit of time, effort, and about £7 for a courier. That was pretty cheap as my box was just shy of 10 ks without any soil round the plants. Super to have found someone who likes similar plants and is equally generous with the amounts we send each other ie not some tiny piece which you could stick in your eye!
            Off to watch Scotland no doubt get thrashed by France... the day started well!:)

• Like Like x 1