Lawn Turf Issues

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by Stephen Thornthwaite, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Mark56

Mark56 Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +957
    A raw diet is good, Barney is fed this and it has improved the bald patches compared to the kibble when he was a pup. Verdun is right though, try to train him to pee on a barked area — it has worked for friends. I’ve seen people following their dogs with a watering can to dilute the urine :snorky:

2. Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Tetters this is what made us gravel the main part on the back in the end...as the dog kept ripping a good length of it with his feet and then hot weather sent it like pure dirt for 2yrs we tried grass seeds but nothing...that lawn was like a golf course :cry3:

3. Stephen Thornthwaite

Stephen Thornthwaite Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think it's dollar spot I've haven't noticed any spider webs? Probably been about 2-3 month since I put the fertiliser down. And the patches have spread started off with one.

It could be slugs but they are in other areas which dont have patches. What's the best way to get rigs of slugs? I've tried Guinness in plastic boxes which kills them but they keep coming back.

Just thinking about returning that area.