Laying Limestone Patio

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by jsb1987, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    My concern is with that raised bed is,

1) It is being built up against cheapo overlap fencing panels. What's the need for it to be raised so much?

2) The lack of topsoil depth - it appears to being used as a dump for paving debris.

GC fence burying2.jpg

So just why is that bed being raised, only to negate any benefits by filling it with rubble and burying the boundary fencing?

Attached Files:

2. jsb1987

jsb1987 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    They removed some of the rubble before putting the rest in.

I'm really beginning to think that i've made a big mistake. The turf already looks like it's dying. And this doesn't look right, does it?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    It will need watering, daily, this time of the year ... at least for a week or so, then I would move to every other day, but giving it a good enough soak that the water goes through the turf and there is plenty under the turf to encourage the roots to "Knit" downwards. From there you can move to less frequent, in small steps.

I reckon it will need a good 30 minutes with a sprinkler to get enough water onto the turf (each time that you water)

4. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +23,865
    Mortar bed looks fine, the grass will be ok with watering and you can grow lots of Mediterranean plants in the raised planter. Don't worry, it always looks worst at this point!