Leaf Mould

Discussion in 'Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling' started by Steve R, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    Is there some pee-collecting gadget I can get to use in the house? I'm probably just being squeamish, but I can't see myself carrying a potty out to the compost heap. We already do water-saving limiting flushing (I'm sure you know the rhyme "If its yellow let it mellow, if its brown flush it down ...") so I might as well collect and reuse instead; just need something slightly more sophisticated than the old night-soil buckets!

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Sorry, Kristen, can't help you there :scratch:. I'm a male and have my own built in hose system :hehe: :hehe:. Our garden isn't overlooked by anyone :lollol: :lollol:

3. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    Its only the distance from the house to the compost heap that puts me off. Quite a long reach even for my hose!

4. glenw

glenw Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  5. Bhindi

Bhindi Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Just place a plastic kitchen jug under you whilst on the loo, and then pour it in to an old pop bottle or something.

6. Larkshall

Larkshall Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I suggest that you try to get a secondhand Porta Potti (Caravan dealers might be a good source). Don't use the fluid in it though.