Meet Isabel ...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Victoria, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,711
    I thought of that, strongy. [​IMG]

Could do that as well, pete ... funny, we bought it from the UK. :D

2. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Like the Aussie sail LoL thinking along those lines to protect my brugs from the fierce heat we are going to get next summer, was considering a gazebo but the sail is much more astheticaly appealing.

3. Sarah_999

Sarah_999 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Lol and Isabel!

She looks lovely! [​IMG] I drive a 306 - but with a roof! Went browsing a couple of weeks age as I thought I'd like to change it for a roadster! I was quite disappointed as my Peugeot drives so well and the Mazda, MG etc didn't have the same punch! The Toyota MR2 was good - but the luggage space is literally 2 glove compartments behind the seats! Not gonna get my saxophone in there!! [​IMG]

I did find a nice Nissan 'Sylvia' with a fold down metal roof - but it's a Japanese import! There are only a handful in the UK apparently. But the drive wasn't as good as my little Pug!

John cleaned and polished it for me! Why did I even think of changing it!! Looks lovely! [​IMG]

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Lady I hope you have better luck with Isabel than our family car!

Happy driving!
    Helen.xxx.

5. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,711
    Hi Sarah, thank you (from both of us). My Sprites were "earthy" as you were so close to the ground with little around you. I liked my Opel Manta, that handled well. I also liked my Renault 21 which I left with the apartment on the IoW in October. My last boss's wife had a Toyota MR2 .... nice! [​IMG]

Helen, I sure hope so oo ... she's 10 years old this month and has less than 30,000 miles on her and she's purely for FUN, FUN, FUN ...

6. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    LOL - she looks lovely!!! [​IMG] I have always wanted a posh convertable, but love my old Focus I have now - I've had it since new, its nearly 8 years old, 78,000 on the clock, and my goodness - you can pack the whole house into it (alsmost!!!), plus the kids, husband, dog, picnic (enough to feed the 40,00 - NOT kidding!!), changes of clothing, 2 weeks luggage............ a true old pack-horse.... maybe one day when the kids have flown the nest.......

anyway - put on your headscarf, sunnies and lippy and go have some serious fun in her!!!! [​IMG]

7. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,711
    Thank you, Honey. Just brought her back home from the workshop. She failed her IPO (MoT) :( so she's had the ball joints replaced and we had a full service done her at the same time. [​IMG] Cost under 200 Euros (less than Ã?£140) ... and they washed her to boot! So it's back for a re-test first thing in the morning. It's Ã?£16 for an inspection, Ã?£4 for re-inspection because you are prioritised as they only check what you failed on.

She's ten years old and has less than 30,000 miles on her ... and she's air conditioned. [​IMG]

Just love her. [​IMG]

8. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi LoL,

Dar car sounds like me :D

9. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,711
    What, ag, you're ten years old, have less than 30,000 miles on you and you're air conditioned? Wow, you're a bargain and a half. [​IMG]