MESSAGES OF HOPE FOR MADELEINE

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Gogs, May 14, 2007.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    It an awful thing to happen, shocking for any family, my children were never left alone while we were on holiday, they went out for meals with us as it was their holiday to.
    Iff it was one of us we would be in big trouble for leaving our children on their own and we would have social services banging on our doors.
    I suppose they will be riddled with guilt for leaving those children on their own.

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :( Yes Dq. my thoughts are with the family too... [​IMG] I kinda see what you are saying about "it won't happen to me".....! But I have 3 grandchildren.... It never occurred to me to leave any, of my children alone & that was nearly 40 yrs ago..!! I, nor my children, would leave the grand children today,whether at home or on holiday, but there we are.... Just difficult to understand their reasoning I suppose.... :(

3. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Exactly rosa. I always thought you were not allowed to leave a child under the age of 10 alone at home or anywhere else for that matter... Social services would be involved as you say rosa.. They would say, "Child Neglect"....

4. dancing queen

dancing queen Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    We were talking about that the other day , i thought it was twelve Marley . Obviously older if you left them at home at night . It just makes my blood boil when you read that people go on holiday and leave young children home on there own . People like that don`t deserve to have children .

5. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    Actually you may be right there DQ it might be twelve, but whatever the age to leave Maddy & the twins at those ages, beggars belief I'm afraid..... Parents are Doctors too, I see..................... So should know better than others you would think...............

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    marley it is against the law to leave children on their own under 10, wouldnt be suprised since that couple have got back they have social services at their door as we would certainly have them for the other children

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    just another thing to add, its really their own fault and they made the situation they are in today, I still feel sorry for them only because of that little girl missing and they should of known better been qualified doctors.
    How can that woman say they are responsible parents thats not a responsible thing to do, they are lucky they were left with the 2 twins

8. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :( It IS sad I know rosa, but I have to agree with what you are saying........... My heart goes out to little Maddy, whatever happened ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I wonder if we as Tax payers will now foot the bill for this too, as the have come back to the UK......

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Tell you a little story when my girls were little my eldest opened the front door and let herself out onto the main street, one of the neighbours called the police and i had social services at my door and it wasnt even my fault and they were put on the national child register lists for neglect.
    So were was the justice for me there.
    when i think about it anything could of happened my daughter on the main road at 4 year old, maddies age.
    Nothing would suprise me iff the tax payers end up paying, mind they havnt spent any of the money for maddies fund suppose they could use that for their court costs, its going to cost thousands

10. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Right from the day it happened I asked what the hell were they thinking of leaving 3 young children alone!!!!???? I was shocked at the number of people who openly said they left their children in the hotel rooms alone when on holiday. (there was a court case a few years back when an English couple were arrested and charged when on holiday in the states after leaving their child/ren in the hotel room alone)
    ANYTHING could have happened. Maddie could have woken up, let herself out the room looking for her parents and fallen into the pool and drowned and it could have been covered up. She could have wandered off the compound - anything. Where is the evidence she was abducted from the room? Why was just she taken, not all 3 of them? The questions are endless. There is a lot more to this than meets the eye, I think. I'm not saying the parents are guilty, but it just doesn't all add up. Somethings not right here.

I could never get over the fact of the question that her parents left her was not raised at the time and the media gave them such support. If it had been a lower class or ethnic family on holiday in Benidorm out drinking or playing bingo, they would have been crucified by the press from day one and probably been locked up by now for neglect!!!!!!

I do hope by some miracle she is safe and well somewhere and is found soon, I really do.

11. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :confused: We all asked the same thing HB, why were the children alone.? Why just Maddy taken.? I totally agree that something doesn't add up somehwere.. It is a Child cruelty charge in USA if they are found left alone.. No, I agree, something isn't right....
    The other thing is, the mother always seems very composed... I just can't see a mother, who doesn't know what has happened to her child, whether it is dead or alive, not being totally distraught & getting worse by the day..... Maybe I am wrong, I hope the parents are innocent, but.......................

Yes, HB, I also would like to think she will be found alive, but like you, I think it would take a miracle now.........

12. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hi there , i've just been reading all the above & yes agree with your comments,guess i started out with the same thoughts as everyone else when this first happened.I admit to feeling so sorry for the family but also why did they leave the lttle souls on their own.
    So many if's , why's what have you being summized & nothing concrete showing up,my opinion is we ie.joe public don't know the half of it.
    Fingers crossed for Maddie to be found,but it's beginning to look very bleak.

13. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :( Totally agree Gogs.... Totally agree, not all the cards are on the table so to speak for sure I feel..... We shall have to wait & see now.....

14. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,477
    I obviously have the same thoughts as everyone else here and asked the same question when it happened. I was wondering if was it just saving money for a child minder. Something just doesn't seem right.
    I really felt sorry for the Portuguese families at the time who had had children vannish earlier but were forgotten by the police after a few weeks, their anger showed in the interviews at the incredible high profile this couple got.
    They may be completely innocent of anything but as I said, something isn't right.

15. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm sure you all hope as i do, that whatever the rhymn or reason of the situation, Madelaine is found unharmed.

Strongylodon i couldn't agree more about the Portuguese families plight :(