MESSAGES OF HOPE FOR MADELEINE

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Gogs, May 14, 2007.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    Hi strongy, I feel for the Portuguese families too.. They are still waiting & will carry on waiting.. No justice.... It is no wonder they jeered at the parents when they went for questioning.... I don't know, if this isn't child neglect, leaving the children like that, then I don't know what is.... We shall just have to wait... I would like to think they ( the McCanns) will prove me wrong, & Maddy will return safe & sound, but somehow I am not convinced by them.........

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    was watching the news earlier this evening and since the mcanns got back to england, social services are now involved to what degree it wasnt told, maybe for the twins safety with being left alone at night in portugal.
    I feel the same as everyone else there is just something not right

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    My heart breaks for little Madeleine and any other child missing or abused. :(

Every single child is so very precious it's 'us' the parents duty to care, love, nurture them and put them before ourselves.

Unfornately not every parent does in fact put their children before everything else.
    I know this from personal experience not nice to suffer as a adult never mind as a child.

Some people would be better off having a pet than children although I would still pity the pet.
    Helen.xxx

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    it has been on the news that maddies mother has admitted to giving sedatives to maddie that night, what else has to come out should be on the news

5. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
  6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Marley, it certainly is getting more strange, iff they didnt do it, who had the hired car before them.
    That kate macann is just not that emotional she has it together to a T, theres something very odd going on.

7. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    Yep, feel the same as you then rosa.... Lets hope the truth does prevail.....

8. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Reports are getting stranger by the minute aren't they?
    Why can't they use lie detectors?
    As they saying goes - if they have nothing to hide
    they have nothing to fear.

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    jjordie never thought of that, never know they just might do that, looks like they are getting charged as they have got proof of something, which hasnt been revealed at present, then the truth will come out.

10. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    They use lies detectors in the USA.. I am surprised "our Tone" didn't introduce them while he was in office...... Being such a "close friend" of George W.. We shall have to watch & see what happens & as I said, hope the truth prevails.....

11. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,094
  12. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    [​IMG] Just a little flicker of hope for Maddie.

13. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Roders that is a good report.

I read in a paper that somebody had left in Sainsbury's cafe this lunchtime that between the place the McCanns were staying and the church they frequently visited there has been a lot of roadworks lately and rumour has it the Portugese police are thinking of digging it all up for a search. Makes you feel so sad for all the family and I would rather read a positive report like the one you have posted Roders.

14. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    Well I have read it all roders & the links.. I am sorry but, it doesn't alter my suspicions & feelings...
    As I say, I really do hope Maddy is alive & it ends happily for them..

Sadly, I have thought this way about the parents & the case now for a long time.... I really hope I am wrong...
    I think it is obviously made all the harder happening in another country....
    I really hope that Maddy is found, but somehow I think not... Or that the truth is told.....

15. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Whilst I have little doubt that after this time Maddie is dead - I just am not going to join the media speculation about the who and the what. As is quite clear, most is based on either fantasy, or speculation by contacts in the the local administration.

Any parent who has lost a child, and not had closure has my full sympathy. The McCanns are no different, and I defy any parent not to have left a child in what they judged to be a safe environment for short times - even gardening when they are indoors playing. Hind sight is a wonderful thing.

For the rest, I will avoid the media speculation, and await the actions taken by the portugese police if any.