Missing threads after crash

Discussion in 'Site Feedback/Bugs' started by Kristen, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    As Clueless has said we are onto it and hopefully the restoration will be complete soon.. Many thanks for your patience everyone..

• Like Like x 2
    • Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
      +12,668
      No problem, but handy to know that you know and that it is being worked on.

I know its been suggested before, but an announcement would avoid all you good folk having to individually respond to questions like this which people will ask ...

No guarantee that people will see the announcement either way of course :) (I did look first - but even then I might miss it) but non-Admins can then point folk asking the question at the already-provided-answer.

If you were to then say "All now done" then folk who spotted something still iffy, after that, could then speak up.

I see that several of the threads (maybe all of them, I haven't looked cloesly) are now back on my Unread list. Many thanks.

• TechSupport_1

TechSupport_1 Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      just to clarify the threads were all restored last night to a hidden area of GC, as that was only way to revert the damage done in this case (our host hadn't been backing up it seems), we are talking about using my backup server for backups in future to avoid this happening again.

so while the restoration is ongoing to the affect threads being sorted back where they belong, all threads were physically restored to the xenforo database and "safe" again as of about 6pm yesterday.

Was a juggling act to try and do so while working on 2 other projects whom i had prior commitment too, but manged to get'ta done!

• Like Like x 4
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
        +12,668
        I know what a fiddly job it can be getting data back my taking some-and-some from another source, so thanks for that RR :)

• Like Like x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
          Ratings:
          +122,455
          @Richard.r
          Thanks for all the work.
          I was just concerned that all that I was doing had been lost. So, I understand, that it will all be backed up separately now. :blue thumb:

• Like Like x 1
          • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +53,889
            Thanks Richard, we do appreciate what you do here! :dbgrtmb: