Morning Glory

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Gillypetunia, Apr 3, 2007.

1. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    `Tis true PeterS. I know this because i see them in everyone else`s garden. :D

2. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi guys, I don't know what varieties you grow. I've found, over the last 3/4 yrs. that Grandpa Otis is the most consistently reliable one. however they don't seem to really start moving until after the Solstice. I suspect that the falling light levels might have something to do with it. I hope someone with a bit more knowledge might be able to help, all the best

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    Ipomoea tricolor, Heavenly Blue, is the hardiest and thrives here ... not only in our intense heat but our frosts! It dies back to the roots but comes back with warm weather. It's considered an invasive weed here! :D

4. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Lol, yeah, that's right, rub it in. I've seen people in Greece and Turkey cursing it. I almost cry when I see them digging it up. :D

5. Kathy3

Kathy3 Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    hi LOL
    i give up with them,will just have to look at your beautiful pictures :confused:

6. dalbuie

dalbuie Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I can't believe it, I have flowers on my Morning Glory plant. I had planted lots of seeds in the spring and they were doing great until the slugs got at them, I thought I had lost them all, well I am so chuffed! The flowers seem to be comming out only two at a time but they still look lovely. :cool: