Most Annoying TV Adverts....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Osbaldwick, May 25, 2010.

1. dymondlil

dymondlil Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    All the ads already mentioned annoy me! One to add to the list.....WE are injury lawyers for you. No you're NOT! You're a b****y actor called Bill Murray!:mad:

2. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    'I got given the wrong sort of ladder'. One with no rungs, presumably.

3. RandyRos

RandyRos Gardener

Ratings:
    +404
    yeh that annoys me. why use the ladder if he knew it was unsafe? duh!

4. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    dy - me too! I hate it. Definate switch over time. Do they honestly think that by using an actor we will think the product is better??? Honestly do you believe that Mr Murray has even used them or that Davina et al buys a hair colourant from a shop - get real.

cheers

5. Larkshall

Larkshall Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    As I understand it, video recorders in Germany are built to built to accept an ON/OFF signal, the transmitters send a signal at the beginning and end ot the adverts. When played back there are no adverts. in the recording. It's a pity they don't do it here and allow us to push an off button to suppress the adverts, then automatically come on again when they finish (a little bit like the Traffic Reports on radio).

6. Osbaldwick

Osbaldwick Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    The technology has existed for several years to "filter out" adverts in recordings, but there is strong opposition to it from the TV companies. Recorded programmes now account for a significant amount of viewing hours and if the adverts aren't viewed, then the whole concept of advertising on which everything but the Beeb is financed, falls apart. So however much we'd like it to happen, its unlikely to....

7. Fidgetsmum

Fidgetsmum Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +865
    There was a programme I thought I'd watch recently on ITV3, just one of those 'that'll do - anything but football' type programmes - I put the TV on the right channel and waited so long for the 'ad break' to finish that I actually forgot what I'd switched over for.

Just as a BTW - why is it, when one of my daughters visits and we perhaps settle down to watch something 'girly', that we talk through the programme yet find a lull in the conversation always manages to co-incide with the ad break? Strangely though, we can always remember the programme but couldn't name you one of the ads!