MUSIC ... what do you like?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by roders, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
  2. Boghopper

Boghopper Gardener

Ratings:
    +225
    Clare, Have to admit I'm not in my thirties but can only agree with you about Massive Attack, especially Unfinshed Sympathy.

Chris

3. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    They're a brilliant band Chris-I love listening to their music.

4. Boghopper

Boghopper Gardener

Ratings:
    +225
    I heard this Clare, from Radiohead, a band I'm don't know well, but my cousin says I should listen to them. It's a tribute to Harry Patch, the last WW1 veteran, and it's so moving - a cross between Arvo Part, Gavin Briars and the Blue Nile. Hope you like it.

Chris
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8184000/8184802.stm

5. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Lovely Chris-btw I checked it was you on that GW special it had your name on it.

A masterpiece. One of the greatest pieces of music imho

6. Boghopper

Boghopper Gardener

Ratings:
    +225
    Have you got a link to the GW special Clare, as I'd be interested to see it? Yes Pachelbel's Canon, about the only thing he did that's known, is a long time favourite. Check out also the slow movement from Mahler's 5th Symphony.

Chris

7. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    I saw it on the telly-when then was UKTV Gardens Chris I will see if I can find it anywhere on the net. Will have a listen to the Mahler piece.

8. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,413
    This could make me give up trying.

She's very small so that alto looks like a tenor on her. She also looks about 17, but she's late twenties. But a fantastic ability and a great tune.

YouTube - Gerald ALbright - Georgia on My Mind

9. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,413
    I've a very catholic taste in music and I like the unusual.

I'm a great lover of "film noir" and I always thought Alan Ladd was an underrated actor, I liked him in "This Gun For Hire and "The Glass Key" both featuring the lovely Veronica Lake and I think "Shane" the best western ever made.

But did you know Alan Ladd had a passable singing voice?

Judge for yourself.

Then of course who could not listen to this highly respected band by those in the business for their musical ability and not smile?

10. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Heard on the news today that youtube have unlocked all their music again after reaching an agreement.

11. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    One of those beautiful warm Autumn days

A hot contender for my favourite pieces of gorgeous music. Knowing this song means you know me.

12. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Strange...........you mentioned Music from films-I can't remember the name of the film-it was Stephen King film though.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnJOH5PImrw"]YouTube - The Host of Seraphim...[/nomedia]

She is perhaps better known for the Gladiator soundtrack, but I feel this is her strongest piece.

13. strawman

strawman Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Another group whose music I just love, it's AC/DC and this is one of their very best...

:yho::yho::yho::yho::yho::yho::yho::yho::yho::yho::yho::yho:

14. strawman

strawman Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Kathy, your choice of songs is really foot-tapping and in the same vein as my OH's like for Perry Blake. I like it very much and since I've never heard of the Beloved, this says a lot. I like quite a lot of modern music from groups like, Thirty seconds to mars. My Chemical Romance and Evanescence.:yho::yho::yho: :hehe:

15. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    I like atmoshoeric music-I particularly enjoy listening to Indian music-this comes from two things, my Yoga practise and this band who set me off when I was a teenager.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUIy-C9Jm-E"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

They are diverse, no doubt about that.

I love Evanescence too particularly this one. It's her voice-just stunning, so pure and strong.

although, maybe I have posted this one already-and if I have I don't care, I have never forgotten my true love-Rock, and this was the first band I ever saw live ( that bad Donington gig where a couple of kids died in the crush), and it was when they were great.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf0rIV6j2H4"]YouTube - Guns N' Roses - Paradise City[/nomedia]

and later Duff McKagan and Slash in Velvet Revolver

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vewm5l-i-yw"]YouTube - Velvet Revolver - Slither[/nomedia]

Still loving that Duff McKagan thing.