MUSIC ... what do you like?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by roders, Feb 3, 2009.

1. longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +23,091
  2. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +53,923
    Sorry, I don't know how to post from Youtube.

If you like someone with an unusual voice and song style have a listen to Lana Del Rey..........Born To Die. The single is out now and the album will be released at the end of this month.

I've only heard it a couple of times and I'm hooked already! :)

3. chitting kaz

chitting kaz Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,616
  4. chitting kaz

Ratings:
    +2,616
  5. chitting kaz

Ratings:
    +2,616
  6. Jack McHammocklashing

Jack McHammocklashing Sludgemariner

Ex Civil Serpent
    Ratings:
    +7,356
  7. moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
    +243
    country or wildlife

Ahh im going to sound really (stuffy) but if im in the workshop (as i am most days) then it's a background sound i bought in of all places "the local garden centre" of wild sea life music, it's seals /dolphins ect sounds with music in the background it really is music you can do work by without it causing you to speed up, Bit like if you have status on the radio when your driving 'you tend to speed up without knowing it'
    This wild sea music is just nice without taking your mind off what your doing,

The second is country music, I have a brother in-law who lives in the U.S.A. and he sends me the real country music over, and its music you can feel and understand, the likes of Garth brooks and willie nelson i was listening to years before they got popular in the UK & im still hearing bands now that have yet to make the big time in the U.K but are good.

Why ive the chance im going to say the likes of X-factor have really taken away so much talent from the music scene its just not true,
    Gone are the days when we had so much of different sounds all out at the same time and for all taste, we're now left with what the likes of Simon cowel wants people to hear and thats it. Shame a real shame.

• Like Like x 3
    • Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
      Ratings:
      +55,206
      Oh, Moonraker, I love your choice ... we have the Art of Landscape Music on our choice of TV channels and put that on as background music as we both love it ... and the visuals. We also have lots of the 'garden centre' CDs ... :dbgrtmb:

I am a country and folk fan from the early 60s and lived in Alabama for 14 years and t'other half worked in the music business and we still have friends there so know where you are coming from.

I love this ad which they are playing again on the TV although t'other half finds it funny they are playing it in the winter ... :loll:

PS I believe they are American. :)

PPS Sorry, it's the Richmond sausages ad and I've put up the original version ...:DOH:

• longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +23,091
    • moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
      +243
      Hi victoria,
      Is'nt life funny at times,
      As i said the brother in_law lives in the u.s.a.
      And we've been there a few times but the problem was that we we're there on holiday and he was'nt hence all day he'd be at work and we'd be frying in the hot days sun wondering what to do with ourselves and so the 3rd visit we decided to just pop in and say hi for a few days and hire a car and take off for a week or so.

Now America is cowboy country and we decided to take off to "TOMBSTONE" to visit some real history,
      Anyway we'd drove for hours and booked into a little out of the way motel,
      simple but nice room and the cafe was part of this complex just across the sandy track,
      Morning arrived and we packed up our stuff and loaded the hire car and thought we'd have breakfast and then complete the drive to "TOMBSTONE"

We'd eaten far more than we'd eat as a norm and i did leave some hash browns on the plate and when the plate was collected i was asked (Was the food Ok? you didnt eat much sir!)
      But we tipped and said our goodbye's and my wife asked for the ladies room,
      Oh it's just outside around the side of the building.

I said i'd get the car going and my wife said she see me in the car park,
      As i was getting into the car this old pick up truck was parked a few feet to our side,
      This "guy" said hey i like the sound of your voice! it reminds me of home.

(Im from Liverpool)
      And as i looked at this pick-up truck behind the wheel was Paul Mc,cartney and Linda sitting next to him and the girls in the back of the open truck,

At first i was'nt sure who it was and it was only when i looked hard that i could see the full face,
      He asked what i was doing here, and i said Is this the way to the isle of man.
      We all laughed and as my wife returned and got into the car (the truck beeped and drove off)

My wife asked who i 'd been talking to, Oh just Paul mack I replied.

It took all that holiday for her to believe me who i'd been talking with.

As i say life can have some funny ways at times.:hapfeet:
      PS. On the radio was TOM T. HALL singing old dogs & children and water mellon wine. This song always reminds me of that very hot day.

• Like Like x 3
      • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
        Ratings:
        +122,511
        You're all likely to know the song but the images that are on this video show you what the words were - as you're unlikely to know them all.

You'll have to decide for yourself what the song is getting at!

We Didn't Start The Fire

• Like Like x 1
        • Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
          Ratings:
          +55,206
          Very good shiney. This is one of those songs that stays with you all day ... I shall be humming it all afternoon ... :love30:

Billy Joel wrote it about what was going on in the world between 1949 (his birth year) and 1989. The title refers to the fact that social unrest and turmoil has been going on since before our generation.

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
          +0
        • Angelina

Angelina Super Gardener

Translator/Teacher
          Ratings:
          +1,081
          • Like Like x 1
          • Gogs

Gogs Gardener