1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

My allotment progress

Discussion in 'Allotments Discussion' started by Jimb0b, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello James, really nice to hear from you and know your ok..i keep plodding on mate that's all we can do [​IMG]

So you've mainly been doing odd jobs that needed doing...i'll look forward to seeing the pic's from the opening day...add them when you've got time and take care James :)

2. Jimb0b

Jimb0b Gardener

NHS
    Ratings:
    +199
    Just a quickie we have had an open day at the allotments, here are a few pics before it got too busy.

There were cars parked up the street

The first ones are of the Plot to Plate which is a lottery/charity funded plot for people with disabilities or limited mobility
    9DA4FC2F-8ED4-4149-9D70-6B0EF27F50CA.jpeg
    20532845-81BE-40A4-8F15-0A39310C2CD8.jpeg
    1E48992C-CB71-46D4-88AF-EC336DC1749F.jpeg

Loads of plants for sale, craft stall and face painting behind me was a BBQ
    D67D1E1D-5E57-4CEA-BF6E-3FA762C0917A.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      James thanks for taking the time to add the pic's mate :thankyou: and that area looks good for people with disabilities :awesome:….it really looks like you have your plot in a nice area plus good weather with it on the actual day [​IMG]

• Jimb0b

Jimb0b Gardener

NHS
      Ratings:
      +199
      Hi all how are we all cooking?
      It’s been a bit warm in the tunnel the past few days
      5132A049-2FA1-4CA3-9033-18B3F7B14DBF.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
      • Jimb0b

Jimb0b Gardener

NHS
        Ratings:
        +199
        With the tomatoes deciding to go rampant and covering the others I had a trim over 2 days and got them all organised and tied up
        D1859829-9867-4F92-B6A3-7CF4A7B2557C.jpeg

DE76CCF0-712A-46AB-8B8A-17D6C579E798.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
        • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Hello James, only just clocked your update :dunno:….my eyes am getting worse :phew:

You need ask how we're all cooking...i'm about fried :loll:plus the humidity :help:

Your plants are looking good mate..all in order nicely and I bet your loving it :what:

• Jimb0b

Jimb0b Gardener

NHS
          Ratings:
          +199
          Hi Gail yes it been soooo hot in fact that hot I have had to spend minimal time at the plot, literally a quick water and go I have no shade area setup yet.

The plants haven’t suffered like most people’s have but I tend to grow mine tough I don’t water every day which is where I think a lot of people go wrong, I do the outside one day and the tunnel the next if they are lucky, and each plant gets a water of a count to 6 that way I know how much they have had.

I have a few update pictures which I’m posting below.

• Like Like x 1
          • Jimb0b

Jimb0b Gardener

NHS
            Ratings:
            +199
            The tomatoes have gone rampant, but made a note for next year don’t do two rows as it’s difficult to get to the back ones through the jungle of the front toms
            9B204290-829F-4E86-B8F2-DA38A08280D3.jpeg

Asparagus at the back doing well been squashing some asparagus beetles and lava, Dahlia bed is just starting to flower can’t wait for those
            48127BC8-739A-464C-8028-8676ABDABA1F.jpeg

Brussels and cabbages never grown them before but look to be doing ok hope to have my own sprouts for Christmas, at the front are the pumpkins and some squash
            84AED169-5E52-40F4-B11B-2C2310E3F196.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
            • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
              +0
              Hello James, why don't you buy a small gazebo with sides to it mate if you have the room...we had a large blue one on our back for 5yrs and it was relaxing out of the heat :)

Thanks for adding the pic's as everything is maturing lovely...my hubby loves Asparagus but the trouble is it keeps you on visiting the toilet as it flushes the system out :snorky: