My friend from thailand

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by rosa, Aug 24, 2006.

1. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    HI UREE, IT WIL BE NICE FOR YOU TO JOIN GC. AND HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND

2. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks Fancy lots of scars through not minding where I was going

3. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    WALNUT,I am thinking of your poor legs, have a rest and dont forget to put your feet in a foot spa with essential oils, ha, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi and thank you, going out with rosa, shop till you drop then we are going for a few of these [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] have a good day hope to join gardeners corner soon, i will enjoy very much.

5. Royster

Royster Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Uree, that is a pity!! I can't imagine how anybody would be able to dislike Thai food! Soooo delicious!!! However, presuming its the Guiness that you like (or Murphys or Beamish) then you certainly can't go wrong there!
    Once again, enjoy your stay with Rosa and the fine summer we are currently having! [​IMG]
    Kind regards
    Roy

6. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    HI ROYSTER,MY DAUGHTER LIVED IN THAILAND, SHE LIKES THAI FOOD BUT I cant stand it either. I can just about manage chineese food.

7. Royster

Royster Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Fancy, I just wrote a long message about a day out in Leicester and a great Turkish restaurant but then I thought "why?".

Okay, I am not talking about 'enjoying' the likes of fried crickets or locusts or for that matter durian fruit, which I understand is named vomit fruit due to its pungence. And certainly not cooked dog! No, I am dreaming about the lovely herbs - lemon grass, coriander, basil - oyster mushrooms, fresh beautifully cooked rice, waterchestnuts, wonderful fresh fish and not least chillies! Imagine a combination of the above (perhaps without the chillies - depending upon your tastes) all served on a banana leaf!! How can it be that you cannot love Thai food?!

Can I rest my (own, selfish) case...?

I'll pop a few of these in, with respect to Uree and Rosa... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

P.S. how did your daughter find living in Thailand Fancy?

Kind regards!
    Roy

8. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    ROYSTER,my daughter went to thailand to enhance her boxing and she loved it so much that she stayed there for 5 mths, then she decides to go off again, made lots of thai, friends, and stayed there for 9 mths. last year she went xmas time and came home 5mths later. she loves there food and cooks it like they do,I am of portugueese origin but born in sri-lanka. so I AM USED TO EATING hot stuff.I cook alot of English food now because my hubby is ENGLISH.and he doesnt like hot stuff.
    :D :D :D

9. Royster

Royster Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Fancy, does you daughter not get, like, hurt by doing the boxing?! I personally would prefer to stick to me plants but each to their own. I'm sure Sri Lanka must be a very beautiful place to live and superb food there too!
    Kind regards
    Roy

10. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Fancy,
    my girl does Muay Thai too! She's only 11 though so hasn't yet been to the Land of Smiles. She's doing her brown grade on Tuesday, that's as far as she can go in Cornwall, she has to do her black tag in Bedford, cheap it aint!
    Royster, they don't get hurt very often, the odd cuts, the refs are very good. My girls too young to do full contact yet, they have to be 14. Until then they have to wear body and head protection (which she hates!!) We love Thai food, although the authentic stuff can be really hot [​IMG] Recommend the Singha beer though [​IMG] :D

11. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, almost forgot to say welcome to Uree from the Land of Smiles. I have freinds who live in Hua Hin, looks a fantasic country and one we are hoping to visit. [​IMG]

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi royster, Thai food very good but here i do no cooking.

yes windy miller Hui Hin is a very beautiful place, very quiet. I have a house just outside bangkok Pathumthani. and Hui Hin is about 2 hour drive from me.
    I also have a condo in JomTiem which is not far from Pattaya.
    Have a good day. [​IMG]

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thank you for all your lovely welcomes uree. [​IMG]

14. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    HI WINDY MILLER, MY DAUGHTER IS NOW A PROFESSIONAL BOXER and she now does british boxing not thai. she has not lost a fight as yet. she wants to go for the european title. every time she has a fight she has to have a brain scan and other medical checks (paid privately) she loves the sport. I am happy to hear your daughter is into boxing.my daughter has never been hurt at all. she used to spar with boxer hatton. :D :D

15. Royster

Royster Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Would that be Ricky Hatton then Fancy? By eck, your daughter's pretty much at the top of the tree then - good luck to her with that!

Windy Miller - good luck to your daughter too for up coming brown belt bout!

Kind regards
    Roy