My Garden Progress Thread

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Muddy, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Muddy14

Muddy14 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes thats a man hole cover for water, not really sure what to do with it. An old trick I have seen used by a property developer i used to work for was to colour match it to the grass :D

No real progress on the garden to be honest just growing!

2. Muddy14

Muddy14 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Latest picture, nothing chnaged really just some growth!

[​IMG]

3. Muddy14

Muddy14 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    In the last few weeks I have just done some general itdying and keep on mowing the grass! Shifted quite a lot of the soil that the council picks up with the normal rubbish, still about 15 bags left to go.

Put in a Autumn flowering Chrysantemum to add a bit of colour to a green border.

[​IMG]

What would people do if it where their garden?

I really want a nice tropical enclosed garden but have no idea where to start.

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Muddy still looking nice and tidy.

If it was my garden I would think about maybe splitting up the lawn to make garden rooms so you don't see the whole garden all at once.

If that's not your cup of tea what about some island beds in your lawn? You could do each island bed with a set theme and maybe add some height to your garden.

They are loads of options for you to work with, raised sleeper beds, maybe a water feature, climbing plants along the fence etc.

You could make a trellis work in front of your shed and compost bin as it's always handy to have a 'sin area' but it's better if you can hide it from view because no matter how tidy you are you are always going to need a place to stack your garden junk, sheds are wonderful but sooner or later you are going to run out of room.Hel.xxx.

5. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Looking good muddy will be watching this thread

6. Muddy14

Muddy14 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I quite like the idea of that, maybe a square to the side of the shed hiding the compost bin, I was trying to think of a way to hide that! Did you mean just a section or infact the whole shed area?

I dont think I could bare to start cutting up my lawn yet, its taking so much hard work to look green again from the previous owners of the house! Maybe next year ;)

Thanks for the input!

7. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Muddy, I started a tropical corner this year, if you click on my avitar, then go to my profile, and click on threads ive started its in there, ive tried to send the link but Opera's not letting me :rolleyes:

Here's the border from the start of planting...

[​IMG]

8. Muddy14

Muddy14 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks lovely!

Does it have to be in a area that has a lot of sun?

9. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Yeah, this border gets sun from early morning untill 4/5 ish, (not this year tho) But they dont need that much..Where's the sunniest part of your garden?

10. Rosiemongrel

Rosiemongrel Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well done on your garden progress. Your work's really beginning to show. If it were my garden, I'd paint the shed and the fence on the right hand side (same colour, contrasting colours, matching colours, different shades - you've got lots of choices). Then I'd put up a few trellises along the fence on the right, and grow a few climbers up the fence (behind the plants in your new border). Honeysuckle, clematis, roses - it'd all add height and depth and three dimensional interest to your garden.

Just my tuppence worth!

11. Rosiemongrel

Rosiemongrel Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, and I'd put something in those two hanging baskets on your shed. Maybe something pink to echo the colour of your chrysanthemum?

12. Muddy14

Muddy14 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, the sun is back and so am I! I have created a new border recently for some colour outside our kitchen window, not the most interesting pictures but...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also brought a table, 6 chairs, parasol, lazy susie and parasol base for a bargain of £240

[​IMG]

Finally most upto date pictures, need to kill that moss!

[​IMG]