My Garden.

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Freddy, Sep 5, 2008.

1. The Nut

The Nut Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    It looks fantastic freddy don't see no log roll :lollol::D

3. Sar

Sar Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, that looks great :thumb: I imagine it'll look even better with the plants established and the additions in, it'll really help draw the eye.

4. Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,517
    Hi again folks. The time has come to move on to the next part of the garden which will (hopefully) have a tropical 'feel'. Here's how it looks now. Cheers...freddy.[​IMG][​IMG]

5. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Looking good Freddy :thmb Obviously it will be next spring when you plant it out, so what have you got in mind? and did you remove that big Tree stump?

6. Freddy

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,517
    Hi Daisy. These pics were taken yesterday, so the stump is still there. I got let down by someone who said he would cut it up for me (it's way too heavy to move it as it is). As for planting, we already have some plants, don't ask me to name them :D but they are all palms. Next spring ? More like next week if the mrs has anything to do with it ! What I'd LIKE to achieve is a jungle feel, if I can. The first thing I need to do is define the path/edging. I'm going for timber, I reckon it would fit in well with the theme. Cheers...freddy.

7. Freddy

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,517
    Hi again folks. Just to show you the progress so far, herewith are some pics. I'm not sure about the plantings we've made so far in terms of position and spacing but as always with these things, you have to suck it and see. Any constructive criticism would be appreciated, as there is still time to move some plants if necessary. Cheers...freddy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
      +5
      Oooooh Freddy your gardens are Fantastic :thmb: Youve worked sooo Hard and its Paid off, you do know youlle have to protect your Tropials? I tie mine up then wrap them in Fleece..Your Tropical garden is Great, one thing, in your first pic, on the left as you enter the tropial garden, is it a bamboo, i can't see it properly, if it is what one is it? And I love your Path with the Grass and Pavers, in fact I love it all....Dee..

• lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
      +24
      Do you know Freddy, I have rarely seen such a transformation.

I believe you are a real gardener. You have vision and foresight. And you already have a very beautiful garden. There is nothing to wait for, as such, it is already all it will ever be. All it takes now is time.

Well done love!!!!

• Freddy

Retired - yay!
      Ratings:
      +12,517
      Blimey Claire, what a thing to say ! I'm speechless. Well, all I CAN say is, thanks very much for the compliment. As I've said before, I don't see myself as very creative, so it's hard for me (as I see it) to get a clear vision of what I want, just some basic thoughts and ideas. Hi YDD, yes, it is bamboo, Shibatea Lanceifolia. The guy at the GC assured me that it wont get out of control, we'll see :) If it does, it's days will be numbered ! Just for you, here's a pic. Cheers...freddy.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
      • Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
        +1
        Freddy its looking fantastic its great the differences between the 2 gardens. Is that space for another table and chairs in the tropical bit?

• redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
        Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
        Ratings:
        +11,493
        Very nice Freddy. So cozy, warm, imaginative. Good Job.

• Like Like x 1
        • walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
          +15
          Good job Freddy,keep the tree stump as a feature I have one and put pots in the forks with plants in some foxgloves naturalised in it, it will rot down and will encourage wildlife.

• Freddy

Retired - yay!
          Ratings:
          +12,517
          Hi Folks, thanks for the nice comments. LMRR, yes, I plan to make some seating out of sleepers, I reckon it'll be in keeping. Walnut, the stump will be kept, I just need to cut it down a bit. We put it in place but it didn't look right as it is. Funny how things turn out, I HAD planned on getting rid of the stumps altogether(my neighbour has a chainsaw), but I reckon they'll look great given time. Cheers...freddy

• youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
          +5
          Hi Freddy, Im thinking of buying a bamboo next year, so ill have a look at Shibatia Lancieffoia, Thanks for the info and I am looking forward to seeing your garden planted up and fab next spring :cool:...Dee....